Menu

Weight

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby2010 Posts: 908
Good morning ladies, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing or what but I'm concerned about my weight: I'm 15 weeks today. I lost 3lbs earlier on in the pregnancy which I didn't mind but to-date I haven't put any weight on - is this normal? I probably shouldn't be worrying as I had a few spare lbs to start with but I would have thought that at this stage I've started to gain something. Is anyone else like this or can you tell me when you all noticed the scales start to move up? thanks
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Really only three words to say to you - everyone is different. If you had some weight to loose in the first place you should put on less weight during pregnancy. At 15 weeks you could have put on a stone or nothing at all! You could even have lost weight with the first trimester. Everyone has a different pregnancy and whatever is happening to you is normal. To be honest, the biggest growth that I've seen in most pg women has been between 20 and 32 weeks. I had put on half stone by 20wks and then had a big growth spurt! Even then as long as health professionals are happy with you there is nothing to worry about. Your baby is the perfect size for you and you really shouldn't compare yourself with any one else not even family members. take care :wv
Nadie Posts: 1111
I agree with Toblerone's wise words. As long as you are eating properly I wouldn't worry a bit. Get your fruit, veg, fibre and water and you're laughing. The losing 3lb could have been if you had bad morning sickness and I've heard of people losing more than that as well, so no need to worry.
Elegance Posts: 2848
i'm just a week behind you... nearly 14 weeks, and i've yet to put any weight on. i asked my consultant about it and he said nothing to worry about. like you, lost weight earlier, due to ms and also, i'm around 2stone overweight to begin with... so I can expect to put on less in my pg. Try not to worry..... its totally normal....
baby2010 Posts: 908
thanks for all the replies ladies. I know deep down that different can still be normal in pregnancy but it's just good to hear the reassurance every now and then :-8