Weight Watchers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

August 08 Posts: 58
Decided to start back on weight watchers properly this time. Have been so bad in the last two weeks, its not even funny. From here on it's the new me, no more junk, and exercising as much as I can. Anyone with advice on how to stay motivated for real this time. I am more determined than ever to do it this time as its less than a year to my big day.
goldie. Posts: 1233
I was in the same boat as you the week before last. Had 2 stone to loose before the big day next June. Just stuck to the programme and was down 3 pounds this week. There is nothing like the feeling of being slim!! Focus on the wedding dress and how beautiful you will look. Read Serinity's post about loosing her 5th stone- real inspiration.
serenity Posts: 3675
Ah thanks Goldiebride, That's a lovely thing to say... August 08, Like Goldiebride said, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.. You have a whole year to your wedding... Don't leave it to the last few months - start now and do it gradually - give yourself a chance and do it because you WANT to do it... You can easily do it and it is very achieveable... You just have to decide what you want more - eathing unhealthily and not exercising or looking and feeling much better.... It's not easy, but it is very much do-able if you know what I mean. You don't have to deprive yourself of anything - just cut down on the things that made you put on the weight in the first place... You know what I mean?? If I can help you out at all, in any way, just ask and I will do my best. Best of luck girl and remain positive xxx
August 08 Posts: 58
Hi Goldiebride and Serenity Thanks for the good advice, alot of it has to do with will power, I love my food, thats one of my great passions in life. But this time more than ever I am determined to stick with it. Just had a banana and orange for brekkie. I have no car at work today and the girl I would go to lunch with it on friday is out sick...........not sure if that is an omen towards my weight loss as will have to skip lunch today, I have my apple cider tablets so that will carry me through until I finish at 3.30pm. I have an exam in two weeks time and then after that when my time is my own again am going to join Pilates, I have read so many threads on them and it really looks like the way to go. I will be in touch with both of you again for inspiration. Serenity you have so much to be proud of, well done, I think you are the greatest inspiration to anyone on this site :thnk
serenity Posts: 3675
August 08 That's a lovely thing to say... You are right willpower to me is the main thing. I love my food - which is why I had 5 stone to lose in the first place, but it was getting me down so so much... Couldn't buy or wear the clothes that I wanted to and I was just getting more and more depressed as the time went on and it's a vicious circle because when you are down and depressed like that, you just keep eating to try to ease that depressed feeling of being overweight - you know??? Keep up the right attitude and you are already half way there Best of luck xxx
goldie. Posts: 1233
Anytime Aug 08!