Weird sensation, is it just movement?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tilsun Posts: 4506
I am not getting real kicks yet, still more wriggling around. But I am getting this really weird sensation lately. It's like as if my whole bump throbs once. I can feel it in my vagina and down into my rectum most strongly :-8 It can happen a couple of times in a row or just a few times throughout the day. Not sure if I'm describing it well at all. Is it the baby moving of some sort of uterus stretching? I half wondered if it might be braxton hicks but it is in no way sore so doesn't seem like it would be. Anyone else ever experience this?
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Its possibly a combination of both depending on the way the baby is lying! I had been having weird sensations in the pit of my belly and even lower, but know that I had been kicked up at my left side of my ribcage, and when I mentioned this to my mam, she said, baby is probably moving their hands and doing handstands to cause the feeling!!! I never even thought of the hands!!!!! :-8 Doh... was just watching out for kicks.... sue
bubblybaby Posts: 98
I have experienced this and still do sometimes! I think that like the other poster said, its your babs doing handstands down below *) its like a throb down there maybe like babs jumping on your bladder or something?! Never got it in my bum region tho :-8 I'm not great at explaining - maybe its not even the same thing? :wv
xwishingx Posts: 600
It could be baby hiccuping
tilsun Posts: 4506
Thanks for the replies ladies. Don't think it's hiccups as it can sometimes just be one at a time, but it does feel the way others have described hiccups. I do think it may be babs doing a wee somersault that just shakes all my insides as it's getting a little more squashed in there. All my movement is very low down so I guess it's just whatever way uterus is positioned that makes me feel it in weird places :-8 On the plus side my DH felt baby kick last night for the first time, we could actually see my bump move which was amazing. I suppose movements are all getting stronger now. Thanks again :wv