Menu

Well I am Married :-)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
I am back to work today after 6 glorious weeks off work! Wedding went fantastically, we had a fantastic day and all of our guests had a great time. In fact they tell me they want to go to a wedding every NY Eve now as they think it's a great way to ring in a new year :) It was particularly lovely for my parents to have all of their family in the one room, they enjoyed that. Mr. Jawl looked very handsome, my BM's were beautiful, the guys scrubbed up lovely and my Dad was suitably emotional to be giving me away :) He made a beautiful speech and I can't wait to see the DVD. The day flew, rose at 7am, and said 'ta'ra' to my last guests at 7.15am the following morning. We had a day in the pub with music and craic the next day. Most of our friends and family turned up again, and we had an even better day but the 48 hours went in a flash, but I have some lovely photos and memories :) It was all worth it, and I am a happily married woman now, but nobody warns you of the huge 'downer' after the honeymoon :innocent: Got lots planned now in the line of nights/weekends away and a holiday to look forward to. Back to work now as well today so maybe it will bring a bit more normality to my life. Thanks for all the messages of support and best wishes xx Mrs. Jawl :o0
Hollylol Posts: 1072
Congrats Jawl and welcome back :)
HippyChic Posts: 1812
Aww congrats Jawl, glad you got hitched without a hitch! You know you're going to have to do a proper report though right, with pics and stuff? I mean, how can you not? C'mon girl, don't leave us hanging! :o0 Congrats again to yourself and Mr. Jawl :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Congratulations Jawl! Good to see you back. PLEASE do a report with some pics, I can't wait to see your dress. I saw a pic when you were deciding on it but I really want to see it on you and your bridesmaid dresses and everything, all the New Year's glamour. PLEASE! GUILT TRIP - I was ill over the weekend with Crohn's and feel very wiped and weak today - I NEED SOMETHING TO CHEER ME UP! THat something is you in your wedding dress. PLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE!
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Congratulations Jawl and welcome back also!! Ya the downer afterwards should probably come with a health warning but plenty of planning should get you out of it!!
under construction Posts: 3458
Congratulations to you and Mr Jawl
Smiley Kaz, I may get around to doing a wedding report one day, but there will never be any photos, sorry :)
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Congrats Jawl!! Welcome back! Wishing you every happiness in your new venture as Mrs. Jawl!! :o)ll
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
Congratulations Jawl, and welcome back! Glad to hear you had a fabulous day and all the planning worked out in the end!
Thanks Girls xx