Well slap my ass and call me Judy!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
:eek :eek :eek :duh: :duh: :eek :eek :o0 :o0 :o( O:| >:o( :action34 :action34 Wide range of emotions there! :o0 Mr. Jawl has a sister who lives 7,000 miles away. And it's not easy, or cheap for her to get home. She is in a very well paid job. Before we set the wedding date she was home for a holiday and didn't drop hints, but actually TOLD us that if we felt like booking our wedding to coincide with her 60th birthday trip home, she'd be very grateful as it would save her two trips. So we did!! I always wanted to be a summer bride, and gave that idea up, to accommodate her. Don't get me wrong, I love my wedding date now, it's ours, but anyway. She's just e.mailed me to say that their sister has money in account here for her that is generated by a family business. What she got in this years pay out will easily cover her flights home. She stays with family, and doesn't spend much when she is here. By the time the wedding comes around the business will have provided another pay out, which would more than cover her expenses while she's here, including a wedding outfit and gift, and send her home with a few hundred in her pocket. She went on in the e.mail to say she's decided to take her retirement this year, and will have a smaller disposable income in the future, so she isn't sure if she's coming or not. Mr. Jawl will be absolutely gutted. He really will. And she's basically just told me that she'd have rathered our wedding was summer 2012 so she could come home when the weather is better and spend more quality time with her family. of course we can't change the date and wouldn't. But to say I'm >:o( O:| :o( :eek :o0 :ooh :weep :duh: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :action34 all rolled into one is an understatement. I'm actually not sure what I want anybody to say, maybe you don't need to say anything. But I just needed to get it out!
Sodapop Posts: 3220
[quote="Jawl":39ni10j9]:eek :eek :eek :duh: :duh: :eek :eek :o0 :o0 :o( O:| >:o( :action34 :action34 [/quote:39ni10j9] I feel for you - i'm speechless!
Genegirl Posts: 2110
Well all i can say is F**K ME :ooh
ciaraella Posts: 5323
That is really annoying, it does show that you need to make every decision based on what you want/need so that you're not responsible or obliged to anyone! i know that doesn't help now though!
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
she not asking for much is she! Don t even entertain her anymore,ye are after doing more than enough No pleasing some ppl-I know Mr Jawl must be gutted but you know its yer day,ye did all ye could to accommodate her! Just look forward to yer day! Believe me I know all about family not coming to weddings-but its their own tough luck
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
I've only one thing to say Jawl [size=200:mlnnatuc]JUDY!!![/size:mlnnatuc] I feel your pain though! O:|
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Wow .... :eek :eek I don't know what else to say...
lux Posts: 6270
Ah JUDY, thats a pain in the bum for Mr Jawl. This has happened to OH-loads of his friends are married and he made HUGE efforts to travel abroad for stags, weddings etc and sooo many of them have already told him they can't go to our wedding. He was upset of course and it shows how little consideration some people have for people.
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
Use this experience to solve your friends 30th birthday dilema Jawl - you went out of your way to accomodate this woman, changing your plans to suit hers and she is still not happy. You have made the effort to invite his sisters over on a patricular date, you are now considering missing your friends birthday to accomodate them and bet you by time comes they will be whinging about your drinks night. I know its not really the same situation but its the same principle. I really feel for your pain dealing with your inlaws. You will have a fab wedding day regardless of who is there so just grin and bear it and dont even let her know it annoys you. Chances are she will still manage to come since she will want to be home for her birthday.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
[quote="Genegirl":28ir89j4]Well all i can say is F**K ME :ooh[/quote:28ir89j4] Me too :ooh :ooh