Menu

Well, what about eggs?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lilyjune Posts: 470
Following on from the great post about beans, this is the on-going argument in our house! Eggs - do you put them in the fridge or not? :?: I say no because a) no-one in my family does - generations of great cooks and bakers - this is the main reason b) I read somewhere that eggs are supposed to be used at room temperature H2B argues that eggs are supposed to go in the fridge otherwise what are the little egg holders in the fridge for? To which I tell him that was a scam that the people who invented fridges came up with to get people to buy fridges and that eggs have been around a lot longer than fridges! His Mum puts them in the fridge. The eggs normally live outside the fridge but every now and again, I'll be looking for the eggs and will find them in the fridge. :roll: The last time it happened my Mum was visiting and she threatened to 'egg' him if he ever put her daughter's eggs in the fridge again.. :lol: :lol: :lol: So, do your eggs live in or outside the fridge??
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
My eggs live in the fridge, but if I'm baking they're released from captivity the night before!
Carmen Posts: 510
Why are they sold on the shelves in the supermarket then. They dont put them in the fridge. That would be my argument
Holly Posts: 480
Mine are in the fridge too, even though Mum kept them out. Just handier I think, as the presses are all full :?
Mrs Leela Posts: 262
Mine are in the fridge - simply because there is a holder yokey for them. If im baking they deffinitely come out to bask at room temp for a while - otherwise your mixture curdles! Useless tip of the day!
mumof2 Posts: 3864
very good points but fridge defo. Your H2B has a good argument......why is there a compartment in the fridge for them. My mom always had them in the fridge as well. I always presumed it would keep them fresher. Never questioned it before today :lol:
Couple Photography
clucky Posts: 26471
I seperate eggs when I buy them - half go in fridge to be used in frying etc but half go in a bowl in the larder to be used for baking. H2B refuses to eat the ones that don't go in the fridge as he believes thats where they belong
clucky Posts: 26471
Wow I am a regular now - what comes after regular?
lilyjune Posts: 470
You'll be a princess next - when you get to 200!
mrs d oct 04 Posts: 282
gas! mine go in the fridge - mom keeps hers out in this hen thing but no mine go and live in Mr whirlpool........ gas topic