Wellie virgin alert!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicam Posts: 1169
ok so I've never owned a pair of wellies, I've always walked in hiking boots. At the moment my boots are fine but my trousers are getting wrecked so I want a pair of wellies. Saw nice ones in Next for 30, but then Joules for 50 and they have a 12 month guarantee. Don't want to be a snob about branded wellies for the first time but have heard it say that the cheaper you pay the more they hurt and last for less time. Opinions.
vidia Posts: 2960
If it were me, and I was going to be walking a lot in them, Id spend the money on the good ones.
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
After years of making the wrong wellie choices, I've learnt Hunter are the only brand! They look good, last years and feel like your wearing runners! I love mine!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="vidia":3oil3md9]If it were me, and I was going to be walking a lot in them, Id spend the money on the good ones.[/quote:3oil3md9] +1 if you'll get the use from them and you'll wear them a lot then splash the cash.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
I spent 12euro on a pair in dunnes some years ago. They got me through the snow in 2010 and are still in perfect nick!
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
I've had a pair of Laura Ashley ones that were great and very comfy. I've bough cheaper ones for festivals etc but to be honest they pinch more and are definitely not as long wearing. I recently bought hunter ones and I love them. Realyl comfy and you can change them to your outfit so well with their matching welly socks. You can get wool and fleece lined ones and I went with a plain black patent welly that I plan on wearing for the next few years.