Were starting TTC!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
My hubby & I are thinking of starting ttc, we werent going to until next year, but were now thinking why wait?? I am a little worried about not being able to conceive & miscarriage, my sisters have had them. Anyway have any girls any advice were you all taking folic acid or anything? I not taking anything, and am totally clueless so any help to help us along woud be great!! Cheers Girls!!! Lucy
summer daisy Posts: 1336
good luck, good luck and big hugs.. Enjoy the ride (he he he!!!) :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Start taking folic acid straight away and try to relax as much as possible. This seems to be the general consensous around here!! Delighted for you guys. Its a big decision (well it was for us!!) summer daisy
Thanks so much for the reply summer daisy, really need advice from other girls!! Its scary but wonderful at the same time!! Just keeping our fingers crossed that all goes to plan!!! Will keep you informed (not too much details!!) Cheers will get folic acid todat, tonight might be my lucky night!!!!!!! Lucy :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Oh you must be so excited , i cant wait until we start, hopefully early next year. Enjoy it and best of luck hope everything goes to plan. :lvs :o)ll
Cheers notlongtogo, just noticed you havent long to go, thanks for replying & good luck with your wedding & honeymoon!! I am so excited, its great being able to post here, I think I am already doing hubby's head in, going on do you like this name, that name!! Good help him over at least the next nine months, hopefully not too much longer!! Cheers Lucy O-O O-O O-O
miss sixty Posts: 467
Good luck lucy06 heres a little :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: xxxxxxx
SpringBride Posts: 406
Best of luck MrsLucy06, this is a great forum for advice and tips you'll get loads of good info here!
mama sugar Posts: 1387
oh Mrs Lucy congrats it is such an exciting time and with all the :babydust: around I hope you get lucky first shot. Ok take folic acid every day they say you should have taken this 12 week before you conceive. Other than that just enjoy the experience for the first few months. There is lots of ways to time the deed right knicker watching :o0 ovulation tests charting & temping. But just enjoy it for the moment if you have any questions just ask we are always here oh by the way there is a sticky above the fools guide to ttc- it is great x
Cheers girlies for all the replys, hope those of you that are pregnant have a good pregnancy & those of you now like me trying to get pregnant have a good time trying!!! Cheers girls, will keep you all informed!! Lucy
babytalk Posts: 52
Good Luck Lucy06 - do definitely start taking folic acid and I was told to also take a mulitvitamin each day. It is exciting but scary - it's strange you spend your life trying to to get pregnant and then all of a sudden it's the one thing you want and you know your family will actually be happy when you tell them!! The girls on here are great so if you've any questions at all just ask! Fingers crossed for you!