Were you a tomboy or a girly girl growing up?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

streaks Posts: 3592
The favorite Santa gift thread sparked this off. I saw a pic of a Sindy doll being posted and if I'm to be honest, getting a barbie or Sindy at Xmas time would have left me absolutely gutted. I HATED dolls! When it comes down to it there's no question about it for me, I was a tom boy through and through, I was happier to be setting up tree houses and digging out a swimming pool for frogs :-8 than sitting inside playing with a doll. Which were you growing up?
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I was a girly girl in that I loved barbie etc. But I was also mad about my bike and was always on it and my brother and I were always off on adventures through the fields. Very outdoorsy kids but wouldn't say I was a tomboy.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
A little from column A a little from column B - I was as happy dressing up in high heels as I was climbing trees. I got a remote control car for Christmas with that Sindy doll!
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I was a girly girl and loved Barbie (Sindy was the mortal enemy :o0 ) I remember playing out on the road for hours at a time with the Barbie campervan, loved it!!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I was SUCH a tomboy but I actually LOVED my barbies and sindys!!! I would be out all day mucking about with my brothers and would play with them in the evening!
libramoon Posts: 2402
I think I was a bit of both but probably more of a tom boy. I hated Barbie and Cindy but I LOVED "My Little Pony" and "The Sylvanian Families" (I was even looking at them in the shop the last day and my heart melted!) I also refused to wear a red velvet dress once unless I was allowed wear my jeans under it and my wellies. I loved nature so was constantly in the mud looking for insects etc but def had a girly streak in me too.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Bit of both as well. Had loads of Barbies & Sindys and Sylvanian Families and loved playing "Mammies and Daddies" (that sounds a bit wrong actually) but we also spent hours playing in the trees around our estate, building camps and huts.
gopro Posts: 1801
tomboy. my Santa presents were always stuff i really wanted .remote control cars. garages . racing tracks. Lego mecanno think I got baby shivers one year that was never played wit
jamjars Posts: 1721
I was the same; bit of both. Played with my two older brothers whenever they let me but boy did I love me some sindy time... and sylvanian family. Also LOVED lego, wondering can I buy some and play with it this Christmas...
lilywhite2012 Posts: 571
[quote="BusyDee":u02pn9ua]I was SUCH a tomboy but I actually LOVED my barbies and sindys!!! I would be out all day mucking about with my brothers and would play with them in the evening![/quote:u02pn9ua] Same as above. Loved climbing trees and playing football. Would only wear a dress on my birthday and at that my mother had a chore getting me into it. When I was about 4 (i don't remember this) I came inside and asked my Dad would I always be a girl, he told me I would and i started bawling my eyes out - He is planning on bringing that up in his speech at my wedding!! :-8