Were your clothes tight at 13 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Girls, I swear, I really can't believe how tight all my clothes are already, so flipping uncomfortable! is this normal or am I just eating way too much. Some of my friends got away with normal clothes until 6 months but I haven't a hope! I've about 20 pairs of jeans and literally 2 pairs fit with a push :-( Am I the only one??? Does the bloat leave at 13 weeks??? Now that the sickness is leaving I'm really going to make an effort to eat better too.
lush11 Posts: 2877
My clothes were tight at 10 weeks. Your grand. It's the one time you shouldn't feel guilty.
BestXmas Posts: 461
This is my first pregnancy and I remember some of my clothes feeling tight around those weeks - 7 to around 14 but that was down to really bad bloating that then went away, I'm only now developing a bump, am still in my own clothes but only my biggest ones, will be going into the maternity stuff in the next week or two I'd say! Am 22 weeks now.
CherylC Posts: 1071
Yep - I was in my maternity trousers at 12 weeks!
Cats1 Posts: 215
Yep, tomorrow I'll be 13 weeks and have a definite round tummy.... can't fit into my jeans anymore without having the top button undone (which is bound to be a disaster at some stage!!! I don't think my weight gain (and I think it's about 3lbs) is due to eating too much, think it's down to well being pregnant and lack of exercise for the last 3 months, I previously exercised 3 to 4 times a week, now nothing, simply because I've felt so rubbish and tired....!!! Maternity pants for me from now on I think :-)
dilin o damhsa Posts: 776
Definitely. I've still only gained about 3lb so far but my clothes are tighter around the waist. I was at my heaviest when I got pregnant and some clothes were already snug so at about 8 weeksI bought 2 pairs of jeans on sale in the next size up. They're both still fitting me for the moment but I'll probably buy a belly band for them soon. Floaty tops and dresses are my best friends right now.
Doozer28 Posts: 881
[quote="BestXmas":2a75azlo]This is my first pregnancy and I remember some of my clothes feeling tight around those weeks - 7 to around 14 but that was down to really bad bloating that then went away, I'm only now developing a bump, am still in my own clothes but only my biggest ones, will be going into the maternity stuff in the next week or two I'd say! Am 22 weeks now.[/quote:2a75azlo] I'm pretty much the same as BextXmas, still in normal jeans but using an elastic band on my work trousers! (works a treat). Need to start looking at maternity clothes soon though.
LightningBolt Posts: 27
[quote="Cats1":2eq9yhu9]Yep, tomorrow I'll be 13 weeks and have a definite round tummy.... can't fit into my jeans anymore without having the top button undone (which is bound to be a disaster at some stage!!! I don't think my weight gain (and I think it's about 3lbs) is due to eating too much, think it's down to well being pregnant and lack of exercise for the last 3 months, I previously exercised 3 to 4 times a week, now nothing, simply because I've felt so rubbish and tired....!!! Maternity pants for me from now on I think :-)[/quote:2eq9yhu9] +1 except I'm up about 6lbs!!!
noc Posts: 1802
Yes I was already in maternity jeans by then. Partly down to bloating and partly because my bump is and always has been 'out front'. Everyone's different. Don't pay any attention to what other people do/ when they get out of their normal clothes etc. It's completely irrelevant to you. The most important thing is to be comfortable. If your clothes are getting tight it's time to get some bigger ones or some properly cut maternity clothes - whatever suits you. You won't look back and the relief will be very welcome. Don't be a masochist for the sake of fashion or doing what your friends do/ did!
Ljp Posts: 161
Thanks lsl, at least i'm not the only one in this boat!I'm 13 weeks now and havent been able to fit into any of my jeans or pants for the last couple of weeks except for a couple of pairs that have always been big on me. Was on hols last week and could def see my bump sticking out from under my summer dresses, i know some of it is bloat but not a lot of it. I dunno what to do, if i buy maternity clothes will they not be massive on me? I am usually a size 10, i don't really want to go out and but a lot of size 12s or 14s that will only last a few weeks. Also when buying maternity do u buy your own prepregnancy size or go up?