West Cork Reception Venues - Help please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

angelellie Posts: 231
Hi all, i'm at my wits end - I can't find a venue for my wedding reception next November - wanted to have it in the Rectory, Glandore but they don't do Thursdays during the winter - does anyone know of something similar in West Cork. About 100 guests. I'd like a country house not a hotel if i could but just can't find one. Help please :ooh
Dub gal Posts: 382
How about Innishannon house hotel it's a beautifull setting and the food is beautifull. I have been to three weddings there and I think the setting is out of this worls and I could not compliment the food and service enough.
angelellie Posts: 231
Hi Dub Gal, thanks for that - have been to Innishannon house - we're getting married in Gougane Barra so trying to keep the reception a bit more west. Innishannon house is nice alright - maybe a hours drive from church to reception isn't too much?? God this wedding planning is head wreaking!!
purplehat Posts: 16
Have a look at 'The West Cork Hotel' in Skibbereen. Ok it has a status of a hotel, but it's more a old big house really. It's been done up lately and is beside the river. Lots of b+bs/holiday homes around it. Plus you it's not that far from Gougane barra. You don't have very many grand homes in the area. But if you look at the hotels (some only have 15 bedrooms so not sure how they get hotel status!!!) in the surrounding area you have The celtic ross in Rosscarbery, Dunmore house, Marine hotel in Bantry, West Cork Hotel in Skibbereen, Inchadonney lodge and spa . I think there is a hotel that is nice in Baltimore, but haven't been down there for years. Did you try the Eccles in glengariff, again i haven't been there for years, but i know it was taken over a few years ago.
ugly betty Posts: 153
Check out Sea View House near Bantry, heard its nice there for small weddings
adrenalinebride Posts: 37
There's a place in Schull, sound like the rectory, old style and suitable for a small wedding. Not sure of the name but it should be easy enough to find on google, there's Blairscove outside of Bantry. Don't know if they do weddings but no harm asking. Its a very popular restaurant. The hotel in glandore as well could be a good bet Best of luck :o)ll
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I'll second Dunmore - a fabulous venue ran by a lovely family. The food is top class and the rooms are lovely.