West Cork Weddings

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
Hi all, I just posted on the July 2012 thread and just wondered how many (if any!) are in West Cork? I thought it might be nice to share some local information. Thought I would kick off: Getting married in Baltimore - Rath Church, Venue is West Cork Hotel, Videographer is local, Photographer is fairly local and great deal on both videographer and photographer, No flowers sorted yet, No make up sorted yet, No Church music yet - the person that I "tried" to book never came back to me even though she said she was free >:o( Need to find a local vintage type car. The only quota I got was for €400! Anyone else out there?
westcorkgirl Posts: 2
Hi Carolina As the name suggests I'm from the area but not getting married here! Nuala Ni Bhriain does the church music in Rath. Theres another lady in Ringaroyga who does the church flowers which always look nice, Ive seen her work after weddings there and they are pretty. If you are looking for a hairdresser Sinead in Reflections in North Street Skibb is great!
[quote="westcorkgirl":hd7qmu58]Hi Carolina As the name suggests I'm from the area but not getting married here! Nuala Ni Bhriain does the church music in Rath. Theres another lady in Ringaroyga who does the church flowers which always look nice, Ive seen her work after weddings there and they are pretty. If you are looking for a hairdresser Sinead in Reflections in North Street Skibb is great![/quote:hd7qmu58] Hey westcorkgirl, thanks so much! Mad thing is that I think I know Nuala to say hello to but I can't be sure. Do you have contact details for the lady in Ringaroyga? If so would you PM them to me? Thanks so much for that :)
:o)ll Anyone else?
westcorkgirl Posts: 2
Im sorry Carolinagirl, I dont know her name. The other option would be to look at florists in Skibb perhaps?
grazia Posts: 740
Hi getting married down west too, Meeting this florist on sat so i can report back:
ashden Posts: 129
hi im getting married in cork also I found fleur angelic in skibb brillant for pricing!think she has a face book page. also church music from claires ceol is fantastic think der from bantry direction check them out on you tube!!
[quote="westcorkgirl":18a8vqzu]Im sorry Carolinagirl, I dont know her name. The other option would be to look at florists in Skibb perhaps?[/quote:18a8vqzu] No worries westcorkgirl, just be great to know there are others out there getting married down there :) I have a contact with someone who works from home so will be looking at meeting with her this summer as well just to get some prices and ideas.
[quote="grazia":3oa56skn]Hi getting married down west too, Meeting this florist on sat so i can report back: [/quote:3oa56skn] Be great to hear back on how that goes grazia :)
WK Posts: 13
Hi . I am getting married Sept 2012.... I have nothing organised. Rath Church then Inishbeg. Would love to hear from anyone. I was recommended west cork flowers but have yet to move on that. Catering etc is my big problem. Any suggestions welcome....