Wexford General. Public v Private

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Hi girls, Just wondering if anyone has any info on wexford General Hospital. I am going private with Dr C** M**phy.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
hi Sin I went private with Dr Gardeil in Wexford and I couldnt fault either my consultant or the hospital - Dr Gardeil was a wonderful doc he was a perfect gentleman at all times and even when things got a bit hairy in the delivery room he was lovely to both myself and DH and even came in to visit us on the Sunday - the midwives and nurses, cleaning staff and kitchen staff they were all fantastic, so kind and helpful. Good Luck, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy MrsNoc
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Thanks Mrs Noc. Its great to no we are getting similiar level of are to the larger hospitals
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i went public in wexford and found all the midwifes really good and so nice before during and after birth
workingmom Posts: 3429
My SIL went public to Wexford and private in Kilkenny on 2nd baby, and said she got better care for the 2nd one... I guess that if you have no experience of both public and private, it's hard to make a call.... I'm sure you'll be fine no matter what you chose.