Wexford general

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jen2 Posts: 3106
Just wondering if you can halp. My BF is pregnant,( we will be due within a few days of each other). She is trying to decide where to have the baby. She has moved down to Wexford, and has heard different reports about Wexford general maternity unit. Can any of you give me any feed back on it. Thanking you Jen2
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Jen I had my DD in Wexford and I couldnt fault them in any way possible the nurses, midwives, cleaning & Kitchen staff were all fantastic. DD was 10lb 9.5 oz when born and some of the cleaning and kitchen staff came and knocked on my door and asked could they see dd as she was the biggest baby born for ages and a first and a girl etc. I went private with Dr Gardeil too and he was brilliant a perfect gentleman. in the last 12 months 4 of my friends have had their babies there 3 public and the other private and they all have the very same great reports of the hospital and staff so if she decides on wexford she need have no worries as far as I would be concerned. HTH MrsNoc
maisedon Posts: 1394
Jen - I'm also attending Wexford. I had to choose between the Dublin hospitals and Wexford, as I am located right in the middle. I chose Wexford because it was the only one that had no bad reports from friends/family/work colleagues. I'm going private with Dr. Con Murphy and I cannot say one bad word about my care so far. *) HTH :wv
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
Jen i went public in wexford and found the hospital great...esp the midwives who delivered my little bundle...i would highly recommend it :wv
jen2 Posts: 3106
Thanks girls, told her what you said and she is going to head there. Jen2