Wexford Hosp - New Visiting Rule?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

whirly-girl Posts: 760
Someone just told me that wexford now have a ban on visitors in the maternity ward except for Dads - anyone know if it's true/enforced?
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
Never heard that but I hope it not true O:| O:| Maybe its precautionary due to Swine Flu??
marianf Posts: 5845
Seems to be the same in lots of hospitals at the moment. Its due to the vomiting bug rather than swine flu.
whirly-girl Posts: 760
yeah that's what i thought - it was a ban due to vomiting bug when DD was born and to be honest it was actually lovely having the few days peace and quiet! :thnk
Mumaholic Posts: 833
Hey girls... Yes that is true, only daddies allowed in at the moment, the rest of the hospital is open alright. I think they're going to try and leave it that way long term too according to one of the nurses down there...
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
[quote="Overthemoonjune":2t72tn5q]Hey girls... Yes that is true, only daddies allowed in at the moment, the rest of the hospital is open alright. I think they're going to try and leave it that way long term too according to one of the nurses down there...[/quote:2t72tn5q] I know that has its advantages but I'd really want my parents to be able to visit when I have babs. What if I'm in there for 2/3 days & they can't come visit. Or my step daughter can't come to see her new brother or sister??
Mumaholic Posts: 833
I know yeah. ill be dyin to see my mammy!!! But if it benefits all the little babies, feck it! Its so busy in maternity down there at the min they're sending people home very quickly so hopefully we'll be lucky.
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
I know it's no consolation but we have the same problem in OLOL Drogheda. They have a C.Diff outbreak in the hospital so no visitors since Nov. What upsets me most is that my parents will have to wait a few days to meet their grandchild. On the other hand, I have a lot of family close by and others have said it's no harm to have a couple of days space from the visitors.
marianf Posts: 5845
I think you'd be ok if your only in for a few days, but if like me you are having an elective section and are going privately - 5 days and nights in a room on your own when you will only see DH will be very long. Dont get me wrong, I'd be delighted to spend the time with my baby and DH but we are planning on him being off for the day of the section and the day after but back at work for the rest of the days. The plan was my parents etc would visit during the day on the other days and he'd come in the evening, thereby keeping his leave from work for when I get home. Our baby will be the first grandchild in both families and I know our parents will be dying to see the baby.............not to mention all the new aunties and uncles :baby3:
Daff Posts: 11644
It's the same in Holles St and I'm delighted. Dreading having MIL in my face as soon as LO arrives so this was brilliant for me! But I'm lucky that I qualify for early transfer home so could be out within hours all going well. Then we're going to pretend I'm in a day or two so MIL stays away until I have a chance to settle in with LO.