what age is a junior bridesmaid?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23leanne Posts: 761
Just wondering , what sort of age range do most people count junior bridesmaids to be?
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
mine will be just 3 months off 10 by time wedding comes.
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Mine's will be 12.....
woggie Posts: 830
I'm having 2 and they will be 13 & 14 on the day. I think it's once they've outgrown the 'cutesy' stage but are still too young to be wearing some of the more "grown-up" style dresses :o0
moobear Posts: 1126
My Junior Bridesmaid will be 14 at our wedding. I couldnt leave her out as I am quiet close to her & she is also my godchild.
outdoorgirl Posts: 610
Mine will be 11 I think. I was more or less railroaded into having a flower girl even though I really didn't want one, but the girl is too old to be a flowergirl so now she is a Junior Bridesmaid. Her dress won't be the same as my BM
DaisyB Posts: 1708
mine will be my sis and she will be 11 at the time
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
I'm having an 8 and 10 year old. Both Neices. Will I dress them in Junior BM or flowergirls do you think?
marquise Posts: 595
[quote="woggie":2f3p5hbm] I think it's once they've outgrown the 'cutesy' stage but are still too young to be wearing some of the more "grown-up" style dresses [/quote:2f3p5hbm] I agree. I don't think there's a specific age but I think most girls over 10 would prefer the title of junior bridesmaid to make them feel a little more grown up.
bangel Posts: 2285
My sister will be almost 15 and I'm undecided as to whether to have her as a JBM or not. I hope to get tea length dresses so I don't know if it will matter too much...