What are you getting your bridesmaids/mum?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

winter wonder Posts: 9
Hi all. Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on presents for bridesmaids and mums. Am getting the embroidered handkerchief for my mum but need something else with it. All advice welcome.Thanks!
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I was thinking of newbridge jewellery and then I thought of a piece of Nao china for the two mums and I was thinking of paying my sisters room in the hotel for the night. I can't afford much. How much should I be spending? That would be about €85 each. I mean my parents are paying for the reception, so it seems a bit mean, but when they were given flowers by my sisters at their weddings, they wouldn't have been worth more than that either. Any opinions?
katiemomma Posts: 2690
well im thinking of the new bridge jewellery too. bracelets are 40euro and maybe a dressing gown with bridesmaid embroidered in pink and a newbridge compact mirror wih the date engraved on it they are 15 euro and 25 euro depending on the style you choose and not sure how much engraving is. so about 80 euro each but i think thats plenty. for the moms some jewellery i think. flowers are a waste i want something that reminds them of the day. for the men we will buy their suits we think. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:bf2votv3]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;24/st/20090807/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/2fe1/event.png[/img:bf2votv3] [/url]
Are the bracelets that cheap in the newbridge warehouse? That is not a bad price! I agree about the flowers. They die too easily and my future MIL hates flowers and will have to return home by plane anyway.
www.giftsandvouchers.ie Posts: 92
Hi, I just got one of these Chocolate gift boxes from Aine's Handmade Chocs delivered to myself to give to my friend as a pressie and the box itself is fab! I am so tempted to open it! She does ones also with a chocolate heart and you can out the person's name on them! Have put a couple of Newbridge ideas and a couple of Louise Kennedy special offers too xx
ladyandthetramp Posts: 411
Hi just wondering , i have ordered two huge bouquets for both mothers to give on the wedding day, i have to say they are great the best thing they have done is not get involved!! :o0 I have organised everything myself they have had no say or input into the wedding and we are paying for the whole thing ourselves, not a cent from either side, so is it enough to give the mammies flowers to say thanks for being our mammies, but i cant see us having to thank them for helping with the wedding cos they havnt!! which im quite happy about no arguing yet! no demanding they bring the neighbours etc.. so maybe i shoul buy them a pressie for not stressing me out!! will it look mean not to buy them something else? Also same with BM - is the fact that im paying for everything, shoes, jewellery and all not enough, again no input from them either, so id be thanking them for nothing!!! or should i just buy them a keepsake just for the sake of it ?
First of all, a very personal decision, especially for your mother. I think it is enough. I have the same worry for the opposite reasons. I don't think you need to get your sister anything else. I think I will give mine a choice between jewellery, voucher or hotel stay for the wedding night. I think I will get my FG earrings she can wear on the day. I am only buying my sister her BM dress, as I can't afford the shoes etc. We only had to rent our BM dresses for my sisters and we used shoes we had and covered them and they were grand, so hopefully she won't be expecting me to fork out money I don't have. I am letting her off to buy her own and I will give her the money then.