Menu

What are you saying to the politicians calling?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JuliaItaly Posts: 922
I seem to have missed the politicians calling around from door to door for the elections in June. I just wondered what are you saying to them when they call? I guess Fianna Fail are getting a more frosty reception than most. I think if they caught me in the wrong mood, I'd have a right go. My biggest questions would be: 1) Why the hell did ye not plan for what's happening now, did ye always think it would party time for the Celtic Tiger!? 2) Why is there a family in Limerick who are being intimidated by the scum of the earth who killed their son? 3) Where is the leadership? I don't bloody see it. I'm so sick of this country O:| O:| O:|
frillynickers Posts: 1765
id probably be banned from wol if I printed what im going to say >:o)
nissi Posts: 683
[quote="frillynickers":2gdkvsnf]id probably be banned from wol if I printed what im going to say >:o)[/quote:2gdkvsnf] :o0 Yup, it wont be nice thats for sure :o0
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
I think I posted this on another thread already but I saw a poster stuck to the front door of a house the other day. It said: Fianna Fail - F*ck Off Thought it was brilliant :o0 :o0
chefmaid Posts: 2426
[quote="Beverly Hill":1beufzhr]I think I posted this on another thread already but I saw a poster stuck to the front door of a house the other day. It said: Fianna Fail - F*ck Off Thought it was brilliant :o0 :o0[/quote:1beufzhr] Genuis :o0 :o0 :o0
Beverly Hill Posts: 591
[quote="chefmaid":1alka3rp][quote="Beverly Hill":1alka3rp]I think I posted this on another thread already but I saw a poster stuck to the front door of a house the other day. It said: Fianna Fail - F*ck Off Thought it was brilliant :o0 :o0[/quote:1alka3rp] Genuis :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:1alka3rp] Simple, straight to the point and my sentiments exactly!! :o0
justwaitin Posts: 2462
ithought it was just a local election that was taken place so really thoose coming around dont really have any infleunce on what goes on in the dail, or am i wrong,
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
I'm not sure of what the local elections mean in the Dail but what they do mean is a chance for us mere mortals to tell Fianna Fail to flip off. I know Willie O'Dea was around our area last week, I would say he had ear plugs in! >:o)
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
Tuesday evening, hubby went to football training and I had house to myself and was reading a great book and was in my slouch gear - luminous pink shorts and had bright green paddy days socks on! 3 yes 3 candidates called to my door. I was mortified :-8 , me in my slouch gear. I hid from the last one after the weird looks I got from the first two :o0 The usual stuff they were blabbering on about I just agreed with them as all I wanted to do was to get the front door shut :-8 :o0
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
I too was dressed for bed with the local SF candidate called last night - I am straight with them all - I wished him well but said I would not be voting for him or his party. I will be telling this to all candidates I am not voting for - its better that they know this instead of marking me off as a maybe as I listen to their speil! Your time is too precious to waste on those you will not be voting for. For the few I am voting for I have a couple of local issues I am asking them to pursue for me. There is no point bringing up national issues with local election candidates, they have f**k al power other than your roads/housing,etc. You can mention to the govt party candidates why you are unhappy but they can do very little about it and most will agree with you!