What band is playing at your wedding??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss shimmer Posts: 453
Hey girls, :) I know Ive ages to go yet but thinking Id like to get my band sorted for my wedding. What band is playing at your wedding or what band would you recommend?? :) Thanks for any replies :compress
bridee2b Posts: 2534
I s'pose it depends on where you are based really... We are in Galway, getting married in Mayo, and we are having 'Oddity' - and we think they are fab! We've seen them on numerous occasions, and they never fail to entertain!! They are organising music for the ceremony, the reception and a dj, so we are delighted... I've also heard that the 'Weightless Astronauts' are meant to be very good...
Leftbank Posts: 2395
We are going with Ian Hendrick. Got a great deal incl DJ..
im waiting Posts: 2727
We are having "the great escape".I hear great reports about them on here also check out "the bestmen" and "the goodfella's".where are you from? When are you getting married? My fsil is getting married may 2012 and she can't get any band she likes as they are all booked out! She's been enquiring since I'd say September 2010!
luckyladee Posts: 2550
We're having Quantum. Keys player is a friend of my brothers. I've actually never heard them play as a band but have heard some of the members play in other bands they're in so I know they're all high calibre musicians. Am fairly confident that they'll be good and also we got mates rates which is never to be sniffed at I guess...
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
[quote="luckyladee":3r19ykza]We're having Quantum. Keys player is a friend of my brothers. I've actually never heard them play as a band but have heard some of the members play in other bands they're in so I know they're all high calibre musicians. Am fairly confident that they'll be good and also we got mates rates which is never to be sniffed at I guess...[/quote:3r19ykza] I opened this thread specifically to recommend Quantum. They are AWWWWWEEESOME! Best covers band Ive EVER come across. Ive seen 5th Avenue at two weddings also and they are excellent too.
elainee40 Posts: 89
We have simon casey and his band
miss shimmer Posts: 453
Getting married in Galway, but our hotel is in Athlone so I suppose we are kind of central, hoping travel won't be an issue with some bands. Thanks for all the suggestions so far :)
happyfamily Posts: 3323
We have weightless astronauts. Heard them at a wedding before and loved them. Didn't even look at any other bands!
Whoohoo Posts: 148
were getting married in athlone and were having a cork band called the marvels. we to see so many bands and nearly booked another band from dublin. But we went to see the marvels and i just love love love them best band i've seen so far :)