What bottles?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
Hi ladies i am just starting to get things ready for when LO arrives and I am currently trying to research baby bottles. I am going to try breastfeeding, but I also want to be prepared if it doesn't work. I am just wondering what make of bottles people are going for? There are so many different ones out there that are supposedly better for different things!! Any recommendations? Thanks!! :o)ll
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Hi, I used the Dr Brown bottles last time and found them brilliant. They make the baby less windy so not as much wind to get up and they are good for collicy babies. Ill def be using them this time around.
hugo087 Posts: 315
Hi Garfield+1 im using Dr brown bottles as well!
hipbaby Posts: 4530
I used dr browns on dd1 and avent on dd2 (Dr browns didn't suit) so maybe just buy a couple initially and see how which ones baby takes to
Maria1983 Posts: 390
We've been recommended Dr. Brown's by pretty much everyone, and I'm sorry to say they failed us from day 1. I originally breastfed, but after the first month had to move to bottles and my experience with Dr Brown's was horrible. Firstly, they leak, nearly all the time, the tit is very badly secured, especially for fussy babies. Secondly, they are very tricky to clean and I could never trust that they were absolutely clean (as far as I'm concerned, the very patent that supposedly keeps the air out is their downfall because milk and formula gets trapped in there all the time). I would recommend Avent. They worked brilliantly for us and our little squirmer who, at 3 months, was already trying to hold the bottle himself and they were great for his little hands. They do not leak, they're very comfortable and baby-friendly, extremely plainly designed and easy to clean.
kala Posts: 1937
BPA free is a thing to look for when choosing your bottles, only yesterday i picked up the boots catalogue and all brands seem to be doing a range of BPA free bottles. on ds we bought the mam ones as they are both anticolic and BPA free- only thing is my steriliser will only take 3 at a time. will definitely be holding onto them but please God for the new baby in January i'll buy the Avent BPA free ones, but if i end up with a colicky baby (thankfully ds wasn't) i'll switch back to the mam ones.
Toots12 Posts: 894
Dr Brown's all the way. I got the narrow neck BPA-free ones in the US for a fraction of the cost, and have to say that I found them so good, I got some more for our next LO! They're not that fiddly to clean and definitely help with colic/wind. Love them!