What can i do to help babs at this early stage?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

y!ppee Posts: 36
hi guys ok so im only in my 4 week but want to do everything i can to make sure i give our little bean every chance i'm taking folic acid. drinking two liters of water a day. starting walking this week. is there anything else i can do in terms of food/suppliments/generally? any help or suggestions much appreciated :thnk
Salander Posts: 1639
just follow your body's lead - if it says rest, rest, if it says eat, eat. as for supplements some people take pregnacare but my gp advised against it - not sure why. Enjoy!
marriedinmay Posts: 578
[quote:s0vh7ke2]some people take pregnacare but my gp advised against it - not sure why. [/quote:s0vh7ke2] ??? I wonder why he said not to take?
Salander Posts: 1639
not sure - he told me to just take the plain folic acid.
Nadie Posts: 1111
Yuck, I wish I knew why the doc said not to take pregnacare, I've been taking it every day since I found out I was pregnant. To answer your question y!ppee, I second the advice of resting when your body wants you to - there will be days when you feel you've been hit by a train - don't fight it, jsut sleep! Also make sure you're getting your 5 fruit & veg a day, and lots of fibre as constipation can be a problem later on. Get into the fibre habit now!
thanks for the tips girls - better stock up on the all bran so ;o)
Duffers Posts: 1841
I would say the same thing. Listen to your body. Try stick with your 5-a-day & dont go starting any new excerise regimes, stick to light walks, nothing too strenuous (sp?). HTH (Ps Congrats :o)ll )
Duffers Posts: 1841
I would say the same thing. Listen to your body. Try stick with your 5-a-day & dont go starting any new excerise regimes, stick to light walks, nothing too strenuous (sp?). HTH (Ps Congrats :o)ll )
junebaby11 Posts: 89
Hi there im in the same boat. Just 4 weeks gone and my GP has advised not to take Pregnacare either. He said the Folic acid is more than enough and to drink an extra glass of milk a day. Im very sporty and he told me to just take it easy and be sensible about what i am and am not able for. Other than this im still clueless to it all
thanks legolas - we're thrilled bababoom - our beans are exactly the same age...aw. was it full milk your doc said to drink?