what colour BM dress for light gold wedding dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shoobie Posts: 82
Hi, My dress is light gold underlay with ivory lace over-Pearl Rose is what they call it I think.. I didnt think i would not be getting a white dress and had planned to go with lavendar...not any more..bright colours take away from bridal dress.. If you had or have seen a dress in this colour what BM dress was alongside it? Moca is out as my best friend has bagged that colour and her wedding is a few weeks beforehand. I'm only having one bridesmaid so it needs to be right...I was thinking a dusty pink colour but its not very easy to find... i was going to go with a goldy colour either or a warmer neutral..some neutrals are cold looking.
detoxkid Posts: 85
I had a goldy dress and we went with navy bridesmaid dresses...
autumn77 Posts: 7
We are getting married in two weeks and i have a champagne gold coloured dress and we went with navy for the bridesmaids too. The man in the shop suggested navy or deep purple for the bridesmaids.
Mrsvj Posts: 86
I think dusty pink would be perfect but I'm biased as my overall colour scheme is dusty pink & gold! Not sure what style BM dress you are thinking but Dessy & Jin Hjelm have lovely dresses in the dusty pink variety.
Shoobie Posts: 82
Ooh I love the sound of a dusty pink and gold colour scheme... :lvs Navy sounds great too, I never thought of it.. I must check up those names..I am so nervous of ordering dessy dresses and not liking the colour when I do get it, but I guess I have more choice of colour. :D
mrsnolantobe Posts: 56
What about a nice coral/peach bridesmaid dress? It would be in the same warm colour scheme and its really on trend for next year? Gold and peach and beautiful together x