What colour does MOB traditionally wear?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey girls, just wondering the colour of MOB outfit, does she normally tie in with the BM colour? My mother is trying to tell me that she can wear white/ivory and is the only person who is allowed to do so. I'm a bit sceptical of this "etiquette" she is talking about, as I've never heard of it before. I don't want her to wear the same colour as me and will be telling her this, but would be good to tell her that she is wrong as well :o0
MrsOConnor2b Posts: 268
I've never seen a MOB wear a white/ivory outfit at any wedding I've been to. I've seen champagne coloured but not white/ivory. Maybe you suggest a champagne coloured outfit as it more like a light gold so def won't be clashing with you. Best of luck with the mammy :hyper:
lush11 Posts: 2877
The mothers are the only ones who are allowed wear white or ivory although saying that i've never seen a mother wear white although i have seen loads of mothers wearing cream or similar colour.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Traditionally, the MOB wore blue. However, your Mam is right, etiquette says the only people allowed to wear white/cream/ivory is the MOB or the MOG, along with the bride of course. These days however, MOB can wear whatever colour she chooses and whatever looks best on her. My Mam loves red, it's always been her favourite colour so we're going to look for something in red for her, maybe a navy and red. Maybe go shopping with your Mam and steer her away from white/ivory if you'd prefer she didn't wear that colour, but at the end of the day, you're the bride, no-one is going to mix you two up so don't worry about it!
starbar10 Posts: 991
My bridesmaids are blue with cream (dresses just arrived :o)ll ) my mum has ginger hair and she has bought this lovely lime green and choclate dress which suits her fabulously! She aslo bought a blue dress but prefers the green so thats what shes wearing cos shes more comfortable in it. MIL will probably wear cream just to annoy me LOL :yelrotflmaosmilie:
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Oh ok, interesting, I thought she totally made that up :o0 Still don't want her wearing it though :o0 she is quite young and funky for her age so NOPE THANKS MOTHER!!! She also mentioned getting a similar hairstyle to me, i feel like she wants it to be her wedding grrrr Ah I'll sort it out discretely somehow. Thanks for the info ladies :wv
ohsotired Posts: 7071
My BMs are wearing blue, FGs pink & mam is wearing purple! Just so happened to be the colour of the dress she liked the most!