What colour shawl for a silver wedding dres??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kaniela Posts: 458
Hi all.. My wedding isn't for an age yet, but I was lucky enough to find my wedding dress this soon :yelrotflmaosmilie: As you can tell by the title of the topic it's silver, which I :lvs.. My wedding is in November and considering the weather we've been havin in Ireland the last few winters it wouldnt surprise me if it's terribly cold.. This got me to thinking that I should have something like a shawl to wrap around me (And my bridesmaids) when outside doin pictures. What i'm wondering is what colour should it be? My bridesmaids are wearing cadburys purple satin dresses (Was lucky enough to get them to when I got my dress) Any suggestions as to what colour the shawls should be would be greatly appreciated :)
silkybride Posts: 17
How about a darker silver or a purple? I wouldn't go with the exact colour of the bridesmaids' dresses but a shade of purple.
dreais Posts: 63
[quote="Kaniela":2ee1fpm1]Hi all.. My wedding isn't for an age yet, but I was lucky enough to find my wedding dress this soon :yelrotflmaosmilie: As you can tell by the title of the topic it's silver, which I :lvs.. My wedding is in November and considering the weather we've been havin in Ireland the last few winters it wouldnt surprise me if it's terribly cold.. This got me to thinking that I should have something like a shawl to wrap around me (And my bridesmaids) when outside doin pictures. What i'm wondering is what colour should it be? My bridesmaids are wearing cadburys purple satin dresses (Was lucky enough to get them to when I got my dress) Any suggestions as to what colour the shawls should be would be greatly appreciated :)[/quote:2ee1fpm1] Hi Kaniela, Just saw your post, congrats on finding your dress! I just got my dress too and it's also silver! I think a dark grey, purple or teal would work. Would prob go with dark grey if it was me but bare in mind the colours of your flowers - you could tie in with colour from your bouquet. Dreais x
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
Oh sounds beautiful How about a silver/grey faux fur wrap? You could have a purple flower to match your bridesmaids dresses? [img:2xbmwbnh]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa-KOUgUD0yLytgeEkcjL7LundSo3uEhoZGt2pNCTYcKhZmyB8[/img:2xbmwbnh] or a silver lace bolero? [img:2xbmwbnh]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRs35qyYo56jvJqJ_lhe0kYtpECf8vIMuhiTwOW7Ir4IO6dNwOZQ[/img:2xbmwbnh] Or a shrug? [img:2xbmwbnh]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrgvU-TLJL3sGF_oHuODb6IiAxfRn7u6sifoB2o3pt1cvNAmDTlw[/img:2xbmwbnh]
Absolutely love the first one! It'd go really well for a winter wedding!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I love the daek grey fur wrap, or even a whte fur wrap could be nice, very wintry!
Prettyshoes Posts: 29
Congrats on finding your dress!! I'm having a winter wedding & have chosen a silver dress too (so excited :o)ll ). To lighten the colours (& because it has some ivory lace on it), I'm going for a ivory (faux) fur wrap and veil. I tried the dress on with a dark grey/silver wrap and while it looked beautiful, I thought the overall look was a bit dull (although, that was just with my dress & yours might be a different shade, material etc so this wouldn't be the case with all dresses). Bridal corner in glasnevin have some nice fur wraps but they're quite expensive. There's a fantastic place on middle abbey st in Dublin (I can't remember the name of it but it's across the road from the epicurian centre, near the side entrance for arnotts) and they make up faux fur wraps in any colour/style/shape that you want for €45.
Kaniela Posts: 458
Thank you so much for your replies :) I wanted an Ivory one but apparently that would be a mish mash of colours ( according to the sales assistant in the shop) I did think of choosing a colour from my bouquet, but then I decided I didn't want flowers I wanted crystals instead after seeing them on another website ( They are absolutely gorgeous and so different to) Angel Doodle, I'm loving the first pic of the shawl, I would love something like that in a lighter colour maybe.. Thank you for posting them :compress Prettyshoes I’m loving your colour choice ;) Thanks for telling me about that place in Dublin.. I feel a road trip is on the cards :) Again, thanx to all who posted.. ye are a wonderful bunch of ladies :thnk
[quote="Kaniela":7qyw27lw]I did think of choosing a colour from my bouquet, but then I decided I didn't want flowers I wanted crystals instead after seeing them on another website ( They are absolutely gorgeous and so different to) [/quote:7qyw27lw] Hi Kaniela, it's hard to get the colour combo right alright. Especially with a (sort of) coloured dress & different colour of bridesmaids dress. I absolutely love the idea of a crystal bouquet. Where did you find yours if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you don't wanna say on here. Love the idea of the first shawl in a pale grey/ivory-so unusual and beautiful! Hope your search goes well! Dreais x