What colour to go for?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Girls, my dres comes in white, ivory or light gold.... i tried the light gold in the shop and both my mam and CBM said it really suited my complexion...but im unsure, i was thinking of Ivory ... what do you think?
frangipani Posts: 1543
if you loved the light gold and so did your Mom and CBM then go for it (you can't beat the honest opinions of your nearedst and dearest!) if you're unsure, track down a shop that stocks it in ivory to compare if you want to be definite about it. Happy dress shopping!
[quote="frangipani":30m2f2bj]if you loved the light gold and so did your Mom and CBM then go for it (you can't beat the honest opinions of your nearedst and dearest!) if you're unsure, track down a shop that stocks it in ivory to compare if you want to be definite about it. Happy dress shopping![/quote:30m2f2bj] Thats for the advice, i like the gold...when your in a room with windows it looks more ivory but in a darker room its quite gold. Mind you it is diff!!!!
mrs celtickitten Posts: 877
What colouring are you and what time of year are you getting married. Ivory will probably look aswell on you to be honest as ivory is essentially a paler gold. If I were you I would consider the following: Your colouring: Time of year of wedding Colour of bridesmaids Colour direction of flowers on this basis. The BIG Question really is have you always dreamed of getting married in white/ivory if so then maybe go with the ivory and if not go with the gold as it can really loook fabulous.
I wouldn't say im tanned as such but i get compliments asking sometimes if i have fake tan on when i don't!!! Our wedding is in Sept Bridesmaid will be either Navy/Red/Deep Purple/Brown, maybe consider Gold I think i've always thought ivory so im thinking of going with it! I had white as an option to but it doesnt seem to have shown up above!
anika Posts: 2194
i will defo go for a goldy dress, love :lvs them!!!
[quote="anika":35rhr6jf]i will defo go for a goldy dress, love :lvs them!!![/quote:35rhr6jf] I like the idea thats its different too!!
.... Posts: 667
mrs celtickitten Posts: 877
The gold sounds fabulous to be honest espeically if you go with the deep purple or navy dresses for your bridesmaids. I think if you go for red bridesmaids dreses with the gold then it might look quite seasonal i.e. christmassy and you possibly would want to avoid that if you are getting married in september. Brown and gold can look really well but I think you need to choose sophisticated bridesmaid dresses very carefully so that it looks modern as opposed to dull. You can have tremendous fun with flowers when working with these colours particularly for an autumn wedding. Anyway lots of food for thought there. I am not sure the prices of the dress you are buying but I do know one or two brides who bought dresses overseas and saved alot of money, wore a white wedding dress to the ceremony and then for the evening changed into a gold gown and it was really stunning. This is the extreme I know but if you are very torn and are good with your money then perhaps it is something you might consider. Good Luck. :wv
outdoorgirl Posts: 610
Gold sounds lovely to me. Trust your opinions that those who were with you