What comes first on the big day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Trying to work out a schedule for hair and makeup for 6 people O:| Have one MUA and 2 hairdressers. Might not be possible to get everything done in the right order but still, what should come first?
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Its usually hair first and then make up
Mrs2014 Posts: 151
Sorry I read the poll as what's more important, so I said hair. But in timing, I'd say makeup first, as you'll have to clip back the hair to do makeup, which might wreck it. But it's not a big deal, so I'd say do your makeup first, then hair, and don't worry too much about the others :action32 <- this is a hairdresses doing your hair. Lol!
BestXmas Posts: 461
Hair definitely. Even if I'm going to a wedding as a guest I always do hair before makeup!
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="BestXmas":1qsq782d]Hair definitely. Even if I'm going to a wedding as a guest I always do hair before makeup![/quote:1qsq782d] I am the same and if I think about it logically I always do my hair first when getting ready to go out. For some reason this wedding planning stuff takes all the rational and logical parts of my brain away and I find myself doubting everything :duh:
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I had my makeup and hair done at my hairdresser's. She worked on my hair first, then makeup artist took over and just before I left the hairdresser just made her finishing touches. It took far longer than I expected though, that might be something to factor in. There was myself, my mum and bm for hair/makeup and our witness just had her hair done. I think we were in there something like three hours in all, it didn't make me late but it did mean that I felt a wee bit rushed getting back to the wedding venue.
bales Posts: 574
Im the same as you.I have two hairdressers and one MUA and I would say hair first!
Olivok Posts: 192
I think the most important thing first up on the day is a fry up :-)
candlequeen Posts: 991
Hair. If you do make-up first, you'll be all pretty and gorgeous, and then you'll have a load of hot styling tools, hairdryers, hairspray, etc near said make-up and if you're anything like me, it'll run. So hair first, it's easy to touch up after it's clipped back off your face to do the make-up.
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
I'm wondering about this too. My hair will be down and I'll have a bit of hair over my forehead, side swept fringe thing, so doing this first is surely not going to work, when foundation needs to go on afterwards? I can't go back to hairdressers to finish fringe/get her to hang around an hour for make up to be done, so surely I should get make up done first?