What did he mean!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridetobe2011 Posts: 154
Hey Everyone, Last week i went in for an operation only for day care on my ears. When i woke up my doctor came out to me and told me i had a pocket in my ear. I didnt ask much questions as i was very dosy and sick. Does anybody know what that means please :thnk
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
I don't really know hon but the best thing would be to ring your dactor and ask him what it means. :wv
:thnk for your reply. I actually got a letter in the post this morning to go up for the review monday 2 weeks. Just have this sick feeling its not a good sign
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Probably a silly question but have you tried Google? I google every thing!
short n sweet Posts: 1802
bride2be2011 my Mam has the same thing at the moment - she was told that its like an extra bit of skin that keeps giving her ear infections - she has the choice of constant antibiotics or a small operation which is what she is going for - its nothing major though so don't worry - and I wouldn't google anything TBH - you will see something really bad no doubt that will have you up the walls - its only something minor as far as my Mam was told so try not to worry too much over the next 2 weeks
Thanks for all the replies, mrs fifibelle i did google it after i logged off last nite got the utmost fright of my life. A pocket is down in the eustachian tube hope i got the spelling rite beside the middle ear down beside the jaw bone. Short n Sweet i wont the worry that much but when i seen the pictures of where it is i was like "so you mean to tell me im going to be sliced from top of ear to jaw bone". Hopefully not. If you dont mind me asking did your mams doctor say it would be a big operation, would she have to stay or would it be a day care thing. Im so nervous as i was so sick after the anaesthic last week dont think i can hold out the 2 weeks never being so nervous
redroses Posts: 714
[quote="short n sweet":21frysct]bride2be2011 my Mam has the same thing at the moment - she was told that its like an extra bit of skin that keeps giving her ear infections - she has the choice of constant antibiotics or a [b:21frysct]small[/b:21frysct] operation which is what she is going for - its nothing major though so don't worry - and I wouldn't google anything TBH - you will see something really bad no doubt that will have you up the walls - its only something minor as far as my Mam was told so try not to worry too much over the next 2 weeks[/quote:21frysct] I'm terrible for remembering things the doctor has told me then thinking of something i would like to know when i get home. In certain circumstances google is good but in this case i think it has only added to your anxiety. If its possible maybe give your doctor a call maybe he could tell you what you need to knwo in the mean time. The op has said her mam can have a small operation.