What did you not know about pregnancy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

River Posts: 845
I'm shocked at all of the things that I didn't know about do's and don'ts of pregnancy. I'm scaring the life out of myself. I've just seen another post about hair dye. I got my hair coloured about two weeks ago and I would have been 4 weeks :o( Now I'm terrified that I've done irreparable damage. I thought it was just an old wives tale.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="River":35gbswgq]I'm shocked at all of the things that I didn't know about do's and don'ts of pregnancy. I'm scaring the life out of myself. I've just seen another post about hair dye. I got my hair coloured about two weeks ago and I would have been 4 weeks :o( Now I'm terrified that I've done irreparable damage. I thought it was just an old wives tale.[/quote:35gbswgq] It is,I've dyed my hair 4 times! I knew nothing and still learning,don't believe everything you read...ask your own GP if you are in doubt! :wv
Perci Posts: 3847
That's the trouble with the net, you can freak yourself out with all the unsubstantiated stuff you read! I've continued to dye my hair. Seek advice from your antenatal carers if you're concerned about something and try to enjoy!
dovedro Posts: 1295
I'm booked in to get my hair done next week and i can't say i'm giving it a second thought. I seriously doubt any damage has been done to anyone through dying their hair. And I have some lovely wirey grey one's poking through at the moment so I have no choice! I knew very little about pregnancy beforehand to be honest but I've learned most things from this site and from google....god bless the internet :o)ll
fantac Posts: 4109
i think we could all freak ourselves silly if we believed everything about pregnancy thats on the internet! few things i DEFFO didn't know about were constipation - yuk! tiredness - i always just thought folk were just being melodramatic :-8 EPISIOTOMIES - WTF, i can see why nobody tells you about it, but if thats necessary then there is a SERIOUS design fault in our girlie bits!
2006wedding Posts: 965
oh my god airyfairy, i hadnt a clue about EPISIOTOMIES!! hadnt even heard fo them. I am just after googling it now i think i going to be sick! :ooh
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Morning sickness, i thought it did exactly what it said on the tin, id wake in the morning have a little puke (sorry) and id be grand the rest of the day. No no no, im fine in the morning but from 11am (ish) the nausea hits and gets worse as the day goes on and i havent gotten sick once. Oh and i thought ah i can manage it , its only until 12 weeks, again no no no im 16 weeks tomorrow and still have it. I though MS was all in your head and was for weak and complainy people - so not true.
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="NotLongToGo":fn30bjlc] I though MS was all in your head and was for weak and complainy people - so not true.[/quote:fn30bjlc] :o0 :o0 me too! i'm finding i'm having to eat quite a lot of previously held opinions just at the mo :-8
Ducky Posts: 2506
I didn't know that you could have MS all day without actually being sick I didn't know I would have 10 times as much discharge from day one I didn't know my feet would get so much bigger I didn't know my eyes would sparkle and my lips would look fuller (miss that so much!) Didn't know how sore hips get when trying to sleep in third trimester Didn't realise how low blood pressure would make me faint a lot Worth it all though!
gniddew Posts: 276
Don't worry about the hair dye. I was told that in the unlikely event that there were enough hair dye absorbed through the skin to do any damage it would show in my urine and I would be peeing that colour!!!!! My hair is jet black.