What do ye call your other half?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vidia Posts: 2960
We were just talking about this: When talking to a supplier, booking a flight, chatting to a doctor etc, do ye feel wierd saying "ill just check with my FIANCE", I hate it!!!.. Dont like saying "my partner" either, feel like a lessie saying that (nothing worng wit same sex, just we arent) my "boyfriend" sounds too casual too, so I tend to say "himself" or "the other queer" or something very impersonal! Cant wait to say my hubby :o)ll :o)ll What do ye all say??
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
My fiance! Took me a while to get used to it though. I HATE "himself" - it really bugs me for some reason.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
At the start, it was weird saying "MY FIANCE"! but now its grand!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
it still feels so weird calling him my husband! even when he is telling me a story and he says " i told him id have to ask the wife"... i cringe! im too young to be a wife :o0 :o0
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="wannabfp":a77hc2tw]it still feels so weird calling him my husband! even when he is telling me a story and he says " i told him id have to ask the wife"... i cringe! im too young to be a wife :o0 :o0[/quote:a77hc2tw] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I caught mine saying this one day too on the phone to someone...I'll just have to check with [u:a77hc2tw]the [/u:a77hc2tw]wife.... BARF! We were watching Corrie one night and Becky was ringing steve's phone and it came up as "the wife" DH was in stiches saying that he was gonna do the same for me on his phone.....fecker
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I called him my partner before we were engaged. Felt abit of a wally but we were together so long I thought boyfriend sounded silly. I then said fiance and now husband. Whatever floats your boat.
whoop Posts: 1310
I call him partner. I feel like boyfriend is childish at my age, fiance a bit like ooh i'm getting married, so I just say partner!
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I still find it weird calling DH husband!
BETTYBOOP12 Posts: 164
I am engaged over 5 months and still never say fiancee ( well have said it once or twice in a messing kinda way) i dont know why but feel weird saying it!! so i usually say boyfriend. dont know what he calls me tho although dont think he would say fiancee either maybe herself or something like that :)
Jawl Posts: 8881
I can't stand the word partner! Your partner was the person you sat next to in Junior Infants and held hands with on the way to the "halla" :o0 Or the girl that you teamed up with in Home Ec in secondary school.