What do you call your mother...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ellefun Posts: 1312
Like the title said what moniker do you use for your mother. Or do you call them by their first name? Just curious....
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I said Mum but she is also Mam, Mother, Mom and "here you Missus" We are from West Cork where everyone is Mom but lived in UK for years from when we were kids so its a bit all over the place.
zoesmama Posts: 2774
Mum. And I am Mama for my 2 kids.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Her name. Ditto my dad, have done since we were teenagers.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
She has always been Mam. She called her own mother "Ma" but has said she wouldn't like us to call her that.
Bride2be040812 Posts: 1182
I know its old fashioned but she is Mammy... always has been and always will be!
lollypopwife Posts: 836
Mam. Used to call her Mammy when I was younger though,until I decided as a teenager than 'Mam' was more hip :-8 . There was also, when I was young, a particularly whiney 'Maaaaa' to which she'd say "what, do I look like a sheep on the Curragh" every time! My father is 'Daddy' and always will be,even though OH and the men in work give me an awful slagging for that one! O:o)
snowbear Posts: 2107
errigal08 Posts: 1302
mammy and daddy-always have,but being from donegal i think most people call their parents mammy and daddy up home i tried changing it to mum when i moved down the country but it feels like im trying to be posh :o0 when im talking to my brother or sisters, sometimes we refer to our parents as the ole doll/ole boy..posh we ain't!
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
Im also from Donegal and its a Mammy and Daddy from me too, now im living in England and I get dogs abuse for it!