what do you not mind buying on ebay?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey girls, just wondering what wedding related stuff you would buy on ebay and what you definitely wouldn't buy on ebay? :wv
missh2011 Posts: 104
Wouldn't buy my dress because I've heard too many "fake dress" stories and anyway I have my dress and I love it :lvs I'm gonna order veil today from ebay! Its super cheap and even if it doesn't suit, I wont have lost a whole heap. Would consider shoes, stationary, favours, any other bits from ebay really!!! Use ebay a lot for "non wedding" stuff and have never had problem!
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I wouldn't actually rule anything out. So far I've bought the following items: Personalised Guest Book Personalised Unity Candles Table Scatter Crystals Organza Material Rolls Organza Favour Bags Mini Heart Sweets for favours My Veil Flowergirl's hairband Ribbon for the cars Probably more too that I just can't think of off the top of my head..... It's definitely the way forward...
Bellisima Posts: 3583
I think the only thing Id rule out is the dress and maybe shoes because I like to see those things before I buy!
dublinredhead Posts: 917
I think I'd buy pretty much anything once its listed as new.... only exceptions would be the dresses, suits and shoes...these just have to fit!!!! Otherwise I'd chance anything - they're usually cheap so if u did make a mistake it wouldn't be a huge loss anyway!!
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
I have bought on ebay: Flowergirls dress... brand new with tags £65 i bought it for €12 :eek Bridesmaid dresses Samples of invitations,not 100% if i will buy them yet as i can't make up my mind :o0 Bridesmaids Jewellery Still have to get Guest book Candles Favours Wouldn't buy wedding dress.
Jawl Posts: 8881
I bought ring cushion and unity candles. I'd probably not buy my dress or accessories as i'd want to see them first and try them on.
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Loving ebay at the minute - so far got cufflinks, car ribbon and ordering unity candle soon. Saw some pretty nice Thank You cards on it too that you can get personalised at a very reasonable price. Might go for those but they are the last thing on my mind at the minute :o0
grogmg Posts: 455
I will be ordering some of the bits for making my invites, may end up buying bm dresses and jbm dresses closer ot the time when I decide on what they are getting. I think the only thing I wouldnt buy would be my wedding dress, dont think I'd take the chance on it. Buy alot of non-wedding related things on ebay, so quite comfortable with buying things on ebay!
LittleLily Posts: 3682
We bought - lots of ribbon (wide satin ribbon for wrapping bouquets and hanging pew ends, wide poly florists ribbons for cars and outdoor flower displays, narrow satin polka dot ribbon for buttonholes and table settings) - led tealights for pew ends - florists tape all great and all way cheaper than buying them in a shop