What do you think of this - Would you do it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Malefesense Posts: 1440
Just learned that certain choirs and musicians etc won't send out demo's as they have experiences of sending demo's to people who then used the tape in the church and didn't book their services!!!!???!!!! Don't know what to make of that............ Shocked to be honest. Would you use a demo in the church instead of hiring the vendor who supplied it?
darkie27 Posts: 1449
Thats crazy it would soud really bad not in a million years
gerbil Posts: 3528
it's done all the time and it's rotten. I know one musician who went to loads of trouble for a couple, helped them pick music etc and then they calmly told her they'd changed their minds - she knew two couples at their wedding, they used cds of all the music she had recommended basically they used her expertise for free then dumped her. I know musicians who put together lovely demo cds, with full pieces on it only to find out they were used in ceremonies. It's very common - sadly in the "celtic tiger" era people are pretty unscupulous plus they don;t value things like expertise, talent, creativity - it's not a product they can hold and feel so they don;t consider it stealing to rip off a musician.
Mama2 Posts: 1230
I'm surprised that happens, I thought that most people would prefer live musicians. You live and learn I suppose.
Yoda Posts: 3340
No, because I would rather have the real deal :wv
leeby Posts: 313
definitely no way I think its lousy to be honest, some people forget this is peoples jobs/time.
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
never heard of that one before... tbh, if they scared that someone is using their demo CD why dont they just mix songs together - that way people can decide if they like it but its no one can uses in the church, IYKWIM?
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
I wouldn't do it - but I also wouldn't be interested in hiring a vendor who didn't trust me.
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
mrs dalloway Posts: 112
... bad karma too i think >:o(