What do you want to be called

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Just wondering what you will have your kids calling you or what you already go by if you have kids. I think I'll be mummy, called my own mother mam but I know hubbie will say mummy :wv
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Mummy, Cant wait to be called that, baby isnt even born yet but sure its all part of the excitment!!!! Also hubby is planning on taking me out for mother's day!! Ahh!!!!!!!!! Lucy :o)ll
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
i amn't ttcing for another couple of months but if i am lucky enough to have kids i will be variations of all 3. i call my own mum mum or mam or mom so these will do either that or your ladyship cos i am so pretty so posh and so nice :o0
Itisasecret Posts: 389
Mam I hope.... Mommy is a bit too Yankified for Me and Mummy well I wouldn't be posh enough for that. :o0 I called my Mam "Ma" or "Mam" but have to say I don't like "Ma". Imagine being someone's Maaaaaaa !!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Tigletts Posts: 2904
You know I'd never thought actually, I call mine Mammy, DH calls his Mum, it will probably end up being a mixture.
jen2 Posts: 3106
My son calls me ma ma and my dughter 9 calls me mom or mammy. Dont really mind. DH calls me awl one. Jen2
grumpy Posts: 1280
I picked Mammy, but it will always be Mam! I just don't like the other two at all, as I think Mom is very American, and Mummy is too English for me :-8.
Sassy Posts: 2269
I just can't wait until i have a little person runnind around our house calling me mammy or mam don't mind as long as its no MA. I hate that one. I have butterflies just thinking about it.
charli Posts: 5994
i am mommy to my little 'un, we always said mammy when we were young and now mam - weird now if she called me anything else. little one in her creche says momma - and my 3year old says it sometimes then giggles!!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
It has to be Mammy! It's so cute! Ma would also be fine when they're older. To me, Mommy is v. American and I imagine Mummy is prob what the Royal Family call the Queen! But I think it's a v. personal thing. The only thing I would hate would be for kids to call me by my first name - I know lots of families who do that an I find it v. strange. Can you be a yummy mammy?! :o0