What do your 5 week olds do?..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

foxglove Posts: 587
...Besides eat and sleep? I already have a toddler but seem to have forgotten this stage completely. the first 2 weeks all DD did was sleep and eat but at 5 weeks she will have awake time especially in the evenings, some evenings 4/5 hours will pass without her sleeping. So my question is do you keep them in your arms or what do you do? I dont want to get her used to being held constantly but where else can you lay them down, she doesnt like the bouncer, does like to kick on changing station but obviously thats not safe to walk away from, so im just wondering what other 5week old babies are doing - or should i say what are the mammies doing??
bobby2012 Posts: 644
Why don't you get a soft (but quite thick) blanket and put her on the floor? Also tummy time is from birth, so let her do that for a little while. You can get one of those playmats that's like a jigsaw put together, they're quite soft too. 5 weeks is not too young to be entertained with toys, songs, etc. Maybe she'll like the bouncer a bit more if she's entertained in it (don't know if you do that or not).
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
playmat/baby gym all the way at that age!
wifetob Posts: 936
For us at that stage Ds loved his bouncer and I brought him around itch m and chatted to him as I did the housework. I put Dd in it now for 20-30 min after her daytime feeds. My Ds didn't like us playmate but I guess each to their own.
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Dd loved her bouncer, I put her in it all the time. It had a vibrate that sent her off asleep!