Menu

what food to give after vomiting?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybear Posts: 3
just wondering what food anyone can recommend to give ds after vomiting for past few days. been to doc and hospital and tried some yoghurt yest but it came up straight away...he is keeping dioralyte down no problem..
Daff Posts: 11644
How old is your LO? I usually try give something nice, like rusks and milk, or rice and fruit to see if it'll stay down. We gave yougurt at lunch and came back up but temp is down and she's in better form now so going to try a proper dinner for her adn see how she goes. If she refuses at all I'll probably move to rusks and milk or maybe readybrek.
mamabelle Posts: 1101
i tend to revert back to the weaning foods - baby rice etc.
Buzzo Posts: 1055
plain rice cakes, added almond butter as he started to keep things down again. toast dry or with a wee scrape of butter even if everything comes back up see if you can keep getting him to take fluids, even if its just frequent small amounts off a teaspoon. we ended up in our ladys in crumlin with DS on a drip for a few hours after a vomiting but that went on for 4 days a couple of weeks ago.
mammybear Posts: 3
thanks for the help on this. gave rusks and a mashed banana and they stayed down so seems to have done the trick. hope he has turned a corner now. its been a rough few days... steak and chips tomorrow for him!