What foods is babs making you say no way ! - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

neeov Posts: 4256
baby does not like fish. Pretty much everything else is ok, I have to restrict anything that might cause heartburn though.
lastminutebride Posts: 785
Oh, and I forgot: no fizzy drinks. No Coke, 7-up, nothing. And NO artificial sweeteners, not even a piece of sugar-free gum. On the other hand, we've eaten an entire orchard's worth of mandarins. It's easing off now, but for a while there the whole house smelled of them.
Wild Child Posts: 1694
No Chocolate, No Chinese food & Very little Tea........lots and lots of fruit and fruit juices though!
lastminutebride Posts: 785
Hey, Wild Child, I read if you have a craving for fruit it means the baby's a boy - boys take more vitamins to make... Probably an old wives' tale, but hey, maybe that's why we're on the fruit :wv
spanish mum Posts: 2468
[quote="lastminutebride":3mamv0v3]Oh, and I forgot: no fizzy drinks. No Coke, 7-up, nothing. And NO artificial sweeteners, not even a piece of sugar-free gum. [/quote:3mamv0v3] I never gave it a thought til i read this...i havent had a single fizzy drink whilst pregnant, just not fancied it, tho i used to drink them all the time before! It hadnt even dawned on me til now! [quote="lastminutebride":3mamv0v3]On the other hand, we've eaten an entire orchard's worth of mandarins. It's easing off now, but for a while there the whole house smelled of them.[/quote:3mamv0v3] If i´d have known lmb, i could´ve sent you a boxful..we have an orchard full of them out here and they are all going to waste!DH makes fresh juice every morning with the oranges and grapefruits, but can only eat 1 or 2 mandarins a day!! :o0
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="Spanish Bump":pmgdex5x][quote="lastminutebride":pmgdex5x]Oh, and I forgot: no fizzy drinks. No Coke, 7-up, nothing. And NO artificial sweeteners, not even a piece of sugar-free gum. [/quote:pmgdex5x] I never gave it a thought til i read this...i havent had a single fizzy drink whilst pregnant, just not fancied it, tho i used to drink them all the time before! It hadnt even dawned on me til now! [/quote:pmgdex5x] I am the other way round...normally wouldn't touch a fizzy drink...now I am loving 7up & ginger ale.... I know it's prob not good for babes, but really makes me feel better. Only having about 3 a week, thats not too bad is it?
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
This reminded me of my pregnancy. In the beginning I was drinking litres of orange juice and my main craving was slush puppies and ice pops. After 22wks the heartburn came and I couldnt drink orange juice or diet coke. Couldnt stand the sight of eggs. I felt from beginning it was a boy cause my chin erupted in spots & I got aggressive in my moods which I never was. Cant wait to be pregnant again :o0
_Arwen_ Posts: 252
Hi ladies, i'm a veggie and was big into my roasted vegetables but baby said no from day 1! I haven't been able to eat peppers in any way shape or form! The smell of coffee was really overpowering early in my pregnancy and I really love my coffee normally. On decaf tea now. The smell of meat (my husband is a serious carnivore) was bad enough but for some reason, fish really makes me want to be sick! I have scented candles all over the kitchen to try to get rid of the smell! I'm usually into savoury things but I've really been craving things like chocolate and sugar - very unlike me!! Baby is totally in control!