What Happens Next?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocky Posts: 465
Hi all, I'm new to this, have been reading through forums for my wedding but never logged in, but i really need a bit of help so decided to ask ye for some. Have been off the pill for just 2 months and did a test at the weekend, well 3 of them and all say I'm pregnant. I used the Clearblue kit - is this reliable? Also what do i do next - presume i book an appointment at the doctor? What do I bring? What do I ask? Sorry for all questions but first time so haven't a clue
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hey congratulations, welcome to the club :o)ll I did 3 of clearblue tests too, you can't get a false positive so there's no doubt. Go to your GP and he'll give you advice from there. Make sure you start taking folic acid if you're not already doing so, think about what hospital you want to go to and whether you want public or private. After that, take it easy and relax and look after yourself. :wv
Thanks a million for explaining that. Oh you are after making me get very excited now :o)ll Just married 2 months so thrilled! will let you know how i get on at doctors. Thank you very much for reassuring me though i'm still in shock as i thought it would take ages! Have been taking folic acid since the wedding - do I continue?
NotHere Posts: 10273
CONGRATS!!! 3 pregnancies today!! This is so fantastic!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!! :wv
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Congratulations Rocky! :o)ll :o)ll Get yourself down to your doctor so you can discuss what comes next (options for health care etc) and check your blood pressure and general health. The books Tigletts mentioned are both really good too. Hope you have a really happy and healthy 9 months! Enjoy!!!
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
Congrats Rocky!!! Looks like both of us will be making a trip to the doctors today. The very best of luck for the next few months.
Thanks BlackCat :wv Going to go in the morning. One other question - i don't feel any different -at all -is this normal?
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Yeah, continue with the folic acid I think for 12 weeks if not longer, your Dr will tell you more.
Congrats Honey :o)ll Suppose it's wait and see what happens so, i haven't a clue about this, better get that book fast :)
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
[img:lij3uxzb]http://www.pro-gift-baskets.com/images/gifts/155-9_M.jpg[/img:lij3uxzb] congratulations enjoy