what have i done :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

funkychunky Posts: 205
Ok since i moved into my flat, i've had my doggie with me, she's tiny but its not practical, i have to bring her to my home place everyday and collect her every evening and it puts about half an hour on my journey every morning. she has no where to run around or no other doggies to play with, she's literally inside all the time apart from when i bring her for a walk. so in passing to some work mates i said if they know of anyone looking for a dog give me a shout. so yesterday one of the guys asked for a picture, which i gave him, and he gave it to his niece, so this morning he asked me to bring the dog to his nieces house so she can have a look, aparently she really wants her and even brought the picture to bed with her last night. she's super excited and i'm sad, i never thought i'd have to let her go, she hates the town too, she was so used to the country. its so stupid, i don't want to get rid of the dog but its also not fair on the dog the way things are. but i so regret opening my big mouth now even though its better for the dog.
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Ive to do the exact same thing every day, Dog has to go to my parents and I collect him in the evenings, we do live in a house though and he is gonna be big so I just bring him for a walk EVERY night, hes a very happy dog and well loved so if I were you and I really didnt want to get rid of him I wouldnt, Im not gonna lie and say its easy all the time, It can be a pain in the @rse but for me anyway hes well worth it and more the company he gives me. Sorry if thats not the answer you want to hear.
Its not that Mrs Summer, I used to bring her to parents anyway every day but i didn't live too far away at the time, and i lived in a house with a big garden and where i am now is a top floor apartment with a balcony and i'm terrified that she will jump out over it, sounds over dramatic but the railing isn't that high, its say door handle level if you know what i mean and my doggie can jump that high. also the neighbours have ceen complaining about barking, not to me, but the landlord. i can't leave her inside all night, she's a fecker, would chew everything to bits! not contected with her own toys oh no!!! thing is even if i could work all that out, now theres a little girl who has her heart set on her. :o(
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
ah right now I understand a little bit more, Unfortunatly your gonna have to do the best for your doggie, I know I wouldnt fancy being in your position :o( :o(
Yeah sorry i should have said all that in the first post! No its horrible, I know deep down that she would be really looked after, i know the family and they have a huge garden and the kid is just precious. i'm just really sad now, i regret saying anything even though the dog will be better off. i'm really going to miss the company :o(
dita Posts: 960
You really are doing the right thing If your dog is chewing things then its bored out of its head..... It wouldn't be too bad if you were getting home at lunch time to walk it but if its only a walk in the evening its probably bored for most of the day....... Its hard but some day down the line you will get another dog...who will have room to run about
[quote="dita":179cj2pq]You really are doing the right thing If your dog is chewing things then its bored out of its head..... It wouldn't be too bad if you were getting home at lunch time to walk it but if its only a walk in the evening its probably bored for most of the day....... Its hard but some day down the line you will get another dog...who will have room to run about[/quote:179cj2pq] yep thats the main problem, she's bored and even at my mams she's bored, mam isn't home until 3 everyday. it wasn't so bad when i had a big garden and a nice house for her but she's cooped up all the time now. this is crap :o(
Layla20 Posts: 1089
Couldn't read and not reply, my heart really goes out to you but you are definitely doing the right thing
[quote="Bunny2011":33im9kxv]Couldn't read and not reply, my heart really goes out to you but you are definitely doing the right thing[/quote:33im9kxv] thanks! i hope so! there really is no other way around it, is there? I can't move to a house, can only afford where i am. god things have been so hard since the split and its not getting any easier. when will this shit feeling end!!!! i really don't want to lose my doggie, i'm in tears now
Ivy F Posts: 2023
Ah Funky, I'd be heartbroken too... :o( Why don't you arrange with the family to be able to visit her on a regular basis? Not in the first few weeks, of course, or it would be harder for her to adjust, but further down the line. A friend of mine had to do the same with her dog when she & her DH divorced and she took a job which required a lot of travelling... The dog is now apparently very happy in his new house, though. *)