What is being spent and on what?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cantthinkofagoodname Posts: 40
Hi, New Wolly here :wv Hope this isn't too personal, but I'm just curious as to how ur wedding budgets are being broken down?? I'm getting such a mad range of quotes for all the various bits and pieces like band, flowers etc. I fully understand that typically the more you pay the better quality product/service you will recieve but just wondering how much we are all typically spending on things like [b:27q9flbb]band, flowers, photographer, videographer [/b:27q9flbb]etc? Maybe we'll be able to seek out those suppliers giving the better value deals as a result? :o0
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I can't remeber exact prices as I have lost the budget For Band & DJ we paid 2700 For Flowers we paid 1800 For Photographer it was €500 for day & then whatever we spend on the ablum & other big pics Videographer cost 1200
discounter Posts: 441
We will be paying: 1900 for band & dj 1295 for photographer (650 on the day) 220 for church music That's all I have organised at the moment! HTH - make sure to shop around (I think we're getting married on the same day if I remember correctly?) :wv
fish12 Posts: 389
h
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
€800 - String quartet for church srevice €200 - Soprano soloist for church service €400 - Harpist & flautist for drinks reception €500 + accommadation - DJ €500 + accomadation - Musician/singer for after meal €580 - BM dresses (for two BMs) €580 - 5 Tuxes (Groom, bestman, groomsman and the two dads) Free - Flower girl dress (cousin gave me dress her flowergirl wore for her wedding :o)ll ) €750 approx - Wedding stationery (invites, RSVPs, envelopes, mass booklets and name cards for tables) €700 - Videographer €2,250 - Photographer (Storybook album, 2 parent albums, c.d. and smaller slideshow, and engagement photoshoot) That's just a shortlist of some of our costs. They can differ hugely depending on your choice, taste and location can make a difference too. HTH :wv
Sharon2010! Posts: 64
800 for chuch music and though the meal 1000 for flowers 1750 for photographer - might go for bigger album after thou
candypants Posts: 8575
Im only starting off too and this will help me so thanks :thnk God the range of prices vary so much :eek
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
So far approx budget €2500 for Church music, Band & DJ. €2500 for Videographer who is also going to be doing a photography package .. these 2 will be our our Big splurge Approx 9k on hotel Candles/Flowers for Church €1k budget €0 on cars... friend of H2B has amazing car which we will be using on the day.. Room decoration - have set budget of €2k My dress, shoes & accessories €2k BM dresses - 3 will come in with accessories at about €500
elizajane Posts: 631
Yikes - reading some of these posts i'm beginning to feel ripped off in certain areas! O:|
nina09 Posts: 80
My God Sparkly, 2000 for room decoration? What on earth are you gettting done for that amount if you don't mind me asking?