what is love................(very long)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswed0505 Posts: 444
Hi all got this e-mail today just thought I'd share it > > >If this doesn't make you go all mushy I give up !!!!! > > > >Subject: Never a truer word spoken... > > > >We've a lot to learn... > > > >What does Love mean? > >A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 > >year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and > >deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think: > > > >When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her > >toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even > >when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." > >Rebecca- age 8 > > > >When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You > >just know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4 > > > >Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne > >and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5 > > > >"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French > >fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy -age 6 > > > >"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." > >Terri - age 4 > > > >"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip > >before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny - age 7 > > > >"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of >kissing, > >you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are > >like that. They look gross when they kiss" Emily - age 8 > > > >"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening > >presents and listen." Bobby - age 7 (Wow!) > > > >If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who > >you hate," Nikka - age 6 (we need a few million more Nikka's on this > >planet) > > > >"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it > >everyday." Noelle - age 7 > > > >"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still > >friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6 > > > >"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked >at > > >all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was > >the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore." Cindy - age 8 > > > >"My mommy loves me more than anybody . You don't see anyone else >kissing > > >me to sleep at night." Clare - age 6 > > > >"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."Elaine-age 5 > > > >"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is > >handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris - age 7 > > > >"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone > >all day." Mary Ann - age 4 > > > >"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old > >clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4 > > > >"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars > >come out of you." (what an imagination) Karen - age 7 > > > >"Love is when Daddy sees Mommy on the toilet and he doesn't think it's > >gross." Mark - age 6 > > > >"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you > >mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica - age 8 > > > >And the final one -- > >Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was > >asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring > >child. > > > >The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an > >elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man > >cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto >his > > >lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the > >neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry" > > > >When there is nothing left but love, that is when you find out that >love is all you need.
mrs d oct 04 Posts: 282
oh that's as cute!
Anon10yr+ Posts: 1874
that is so beautiful.so sweet, yip teary a bit! kids are wonderful aren't they?
Wavo Posts: 10
Sooooooooooooo cute! See? That's why I believe the children are our future....
ABILA Posts: 133
Ah Jaysus. I have a pain in my throat...you know the one you get when you're trying not to cry? :weep That was a lovely read.
cathycam Posts: 335
loved that, some of those are so gorgeous - not so sure about the mum on the toilet one though!!!! I saw one of those before but with cheeky kids answers, must try and find it!
pippa Posts: 436
I don't believe kids actually said any of those. Am I just getting all old and cynical?
sickofthiscrap Posts: 327
Barf! Agree with Pippa, there's not a hope in hell kids came up with those answers
cathycam Posts: 335
I managed to find the list with the cheeky answers - and I could definitely see some children coming out with these!!!! Enjoy! >HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? >You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like >sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep The >chips and dip coming. >Alan, age 10 > >No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. >God decides it all way before, and you get to find out Later who you're >stuck with. >Kirsten, age 10 > >WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED? >Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then. >Camille, age 10 > > >No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get >married. >Freddie, age 6 (Very wise for his age) > > >HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED? >You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the >same kids. >Derrick, age 8 > >WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON? >Both don't want any more kids. >Lori, age8 > > >WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE? >Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each >other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough. >Lynnette, age 8 (Isn't she a treasure) > >On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that >usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date. >Martin, age 10 > > >WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR? >I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers >and >make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns. >Craig, age 9 > >WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE? >When they're rich. >Pam, age 7 > >The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess >With that. >Curt, age 7 > > >The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them >and >have kids with them. It's the right thing to do. >Howard, age 8 > >IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED? >I don't know which is better, but I'll tell you one thing. I'm never going >to have sex with my wife. I don't want to be all grossed out. >Theodore, age 8 >It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need >someone to clean up after them. >Anita, age 9 (Bless you child) > > > >HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED? >There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there? >Kelvin, age 8 > > > >"And the #1 Favourite is........" >HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK? >Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck. >Ricky, age 10 > >
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote:3hbr7qub]I don't believe kids actually said any of those. Am I just getting all old and cynical?[/quote:3hbr7qub] Yes.... That was lovely thanks for that