What is morning sickness like?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sugarsweet2000ie Posts: 345
Hi girls, Me again - with more questions!! I've become an absolute STRESS HEAD since I found out last week that I am pregnant! Super excited but just wish time would go by faster so I know my little bean was growing safely :lvs Anyway I am about 4/5 weeks pregnant (don't have an exact date yet as I have irregular cycles and PCOS- but will be going for an early scan soon) But just wondered can anyone tell me: Ever since I found out I was pregnant - I've had the following symptoms: * Painful boobs at night time/ sensitive during the day * Veins on my boobs * Frequent urination * Constipation * Cramps/ little bit of back pain * Slightly put off certain favourite foods * Headaches But I don't have that nausea sick feeling where I want to throw up and vomit? Is that a bad sign? I feel like an idiot writing this BUT I want to have all the symptoms so I can feel 100% pregnant and 100% safe and healthy in this pregnancy. Any advice ladies? :lvs
Blitz Posts: 583
Don't be worrying, lots of people don't experience even the half of the symptoms you have listed!! I didn't have any morning sickness until I was about 7/8wks and then I was constantly sick until after I was 20wks :( It felt like forever at the time but I am 39wks now and it is a distant memory *) The 1st wks are the hardest as you don't have any midwive or consultant apts and the weeks appear to go very slowly - xmas will help pass a few weeks and before you know it you will be 20wks and half way there. I found that once I hit 20wks the time just flew by!! Good Luck and although it might be hard to relax and your little one will be fine *)
Awww Blitz thanks for replying! And firstly CONGRATULATIONS to you! You are just about there... :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: I am just so nervous - I am actually a nervous wreck. I wake up in the middle of the night because I am afraid of my symptoms disappearing! I'm scared of everything. DH keeps telling me I have to relax but I just can't.. I want this more than anything - and you are dead right - for the first few weeks there are no appointments or consultation visits, you are just left to get on with things! Sure I said to DH tonight - "Will I do another HPT to make sure the little bean is still with us?" - and he started saying"NO!" - you did four last Monday and then the doctor confirmed it with another test last Tuesday... But I am still scared... Scared to the bones and it's driving me bloody insane O:| O:| O:|
gopro Posts: 1801
I am now 10 wks 2 days had a scan on Thursday and saw baby movin it's arms n legs I have had no morning sickness. I had sore boobs til 7 weeks. and tired very easy that's all the symptoms you only hear ppl's horror stories of symptoms try not to worry
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Trust me - if you don't have morning sickness - or all day/constant sickness as it should be called - you're very lucky so don't be wishing it on yourself!! :o0 :o0
holdingouthope Posts: 177
Totally agree with what ohsotired said! You are lucky if you are not suffering from all day and night sickness! You really need to relax, not good for you or baby! Good luck, hope you find a way to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! O:o)
Thank you for all your reassurance... So can I just ask; in general if I don't have any heavy bleeding and very painful cramps - do you think I am having a healthy/ safe pregnancy? Because I am trying to read about the things that can go wrong - and Miscarriage is obviously the big one.. And miscarriage symptoms are the heavy bleeding and painful cramps. So if I don't feel these things - then I am doing ok? Is that fair enough to say? :lvs :lvs :lvs
babybambino Posts: 940
[quote="sugarsweet2000ie":22q2yj13]Thank you for all your reassurance... So can I just ask; in general if I don't have any heavy bleeding and very painful cramps - do you think I am having a healthy/ safe pregnancy? Because I am trying to read about the things that can go wrong - and Miscarriage is obviously the big one.. And miscarriage symptoms are the heavy bleeding and painful cramps. So if I don't feel these things - then I am doing ok? Is that fair enough to say? :lvs :lvs :lvs[/quote:22q2yj13] Exactly- I found the time til my first hospital appointment very long but I just said to myself as long as there's no significant blood loss(I did have spotting) and cramps then I'm still pregnant. You have a long way to go yet you really need to look after yourself and minimise the stress levels
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Sugarsweet2000 thats exactly the way I would and did take it. I tried to stay away from looking up all the bad things that 'could' happen.
mrswifey Posts: 775
Hey girl, congratulations!! I would say you are fine girl - if no heavy bleeding + painful cramps you are in the clear as much as you can be at the moment! As someone who has had 2 early miscarriages, you would know all about it if you were having one. You are never 100% safe and if you are looking for total certainty, I am afraid it's just not possible to get it - not until the baby is safely born and in your arms! But what is reassuring is that the odds are with you that all will be well. I found it very reassuring to do a clear blue digital test once a week after my first positive - seeing it go up every week; 1-2 weeks pregnant, 2-3 weeks pregnant and 3+, that got me through the first 3 weeks anyway then we had a scan at 7 to confirm the pregnancy and see the heartbeat etc... As for morning sickness, that normally wouldn't start as early as 4/5 weeks. For most people it is more around the 8 weeks if not later. Of course some ppl suffer from it much earlier - but it is more common for it to be a little bit later. I understand you are really anxious - I totally sympathise with you, but just try and focus on what you can do to make things easier on yourself and reassure yourself - as I mentioned maybe the digital test and booking yourself in for a private scan asap. Good Luck!