what is prosecco?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SandyClaws Posts: 3108
is it a cocktail or what? got my hen party vouchers and im a bit miffed. i booked it on the premise that it was lashes and makeup (as on website) i get out the voucher and it says makeup is for bride and bridesmaids only >:o( turn over to the hotle part and it says room only (i paid 7.50 pp for breakfast) >:o( were getting into a nightclub into the vip section under the premise of a cocktail each-and it says 2 bottles of prosecco O:| i havent a clue what prosecco is and if its wine im gonna be even more hopping mad
ame10 Posts: 209
its wine! sparking wine! tasty stuff :wv
oh now im mad-tasty it may be but cocktail it aint!!
handtwins Posts: 866
It's the Italian version of champagne. Gorgeous :lvs
Lilica Posts: 755
[quote="Goat the Dote":2ix3s1v6]oh now im mad-tasty it may be but cocktail it aint!![/quote:2ix3s1v6] It's much nicer than cocktails, Goat!
now i want to try it but im still giving them hell tomorrow!!! i knew things were going too smoothly!!
Lilica Posts: 755
[quote="Goat the Dote":3roy6dkw]now i want to try it but im still giving them hell tomorrow!!! i knew things were going too smoothly!![/quote:3roy6dkw] Well, it's not right that they messed you around and didn't give you what you ordered. If you complain, they might give you a discount! The prosecco is lovely though. If you're near an M&S, pop in and get a bottle of theirs (I can't remember what it's called exactly, but I think there's a pinkish label on the bottle) - it's lovely. Or any offie will have it. Costs on average 15 euro a bottle, but you can get it for cheaper.
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Prosecco is better than champagne for making sparkling cocktails. You could ask them for Cassis(blackcurrent liqueur) or Peach schnapps or orange juice to mix with it. I know that doesn't really help. Sorry you've been let down by them . This is exactly the time when you can go all Bridzilla on them. Good luck.
Genegirl Posts: 2110
Oh god just remembered a night with the girls drinking that all night! Took me 3 days to get over it..... :hic