Menu

What is the average wedding rate for rooms in your hotels?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

murph2b2 Posts: 24
As there had been alot of talk about this lately I am getting a bit anxious of the cost of the hotel for our guests. The rate for us is €170 for a room - Eur 85 each. For singles it is still €85 as there is no single supplement. Is this on the pricey side?? Getting married in Augist so I know its peak season
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Ours is 130 for a double room for one night or 230 for two nights. Incl breakfast. ETA-I've also done a search online and the rooms vary in price from 160-270 for a double room for the night of our wedding so i'm happy with the guest rate.
Oct2011 Posts: 5
Hiya, Ours is €79 room only. However if you book online you can get three nights for €65 room only each night (night before, night of and night after the wedding). Breakfast is an additional €10 pp. I'm delighted with that price - it works out about €40 pp room only. To be fair, you'd almost pay that in a B&B. Does your €85 include breakfast. I think it's great not to have a single supplement. It's awful being penalized for travelling alone. If it's €85 with breakfast, I think that's OK. I'd be happy to pay it anyway. Don't worry too much. Once people know the arrangements in advance - they'll be able to play/ budget accordingly.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
€120 for a double but looking online I can get it for €100 O:|
murph2b2 Posts: 24
Mine is Eur 85 per person really regardless of double or single room, so a couple will pay Eur 170 for one night and a single person will pay Eur 85 for one night. Both are including breakfast. Is that on the high side for a double room?
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ours is €75 per double room including breakfast. It's a Thursday wedding though, in April so not peak summer time. We're delighted with that rate.
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Ours was 20% less than normal rate rather than having a specific price on it. I kept checking online and the wedding rate was always cheaper than the online price.
teapotty Posts: 2085
€88 including breakfast or €68 excluding. And they're doing a special pre-pay rate of €54 at the minute- you've to pay upfront and it's non-refundable but it's very cheap.
pinkpeonies Posts: 462
Our cheapest room is €158 for B&B
happyfamily Posts: 3323
[quote="teapotty":p5b9znql]€88 including breakfast or €68 excluding. And they're doing a special pre-pay rate of €54 at the minute- you've to pay upfront and it's non-refundable but it's very cheap.[/quote:p5b9znql] thats brilliant to have a cheaper "early bird" rate teapotty!