What is your diet like during pregnancy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Backtocollege Posts: 64
I always thought I would be super healthy and feel so so guilty. I eat so much junk, its like I cant help myself. Today I have had about 10 roses sweets, a bottle of lucozade and a packet of crisps. On the good side I had a yogurt, weetabix, potatoes and peas, scrambled eggs and toast and a few all bran. Am I alone?
OrTees Posts: 907
No you are definitely not alone! I used to have a pretty healthy diet but since I've hit my second trimester it's definitely gone to pot. I've become addicted to lucozade and am having a bottle a day- my teeth are going to rot out of my head. I also have been eating a lot of chocolate and am just hungrier in general. I don't think I'm quite eating for two, but definitely eating more than before I was pregnant :-8 . I am trying to keep my diet as balanced as possible though and just keep eating fruit, veg and dairy for the calcium to hopefully counteract some of the sugar!
bobby2012 Posts: 644
I'm mostly healthy I'd say as my diet doesn't really change when I'm pregnant. I'm not a fan of crisps and junk food anyway. I have a soft spot for McDonalds, but don't feel too attracted to that when I'm pregnant. I don't drink alcohol anyway or coffee, so pregnant or not, it's the same to me. We eat well balanced dinners at home so that definitely helps. Sweets-wise - I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I like a small portion of chocolate ice cream some evenings, but that's about it.
Dollydo Posts: 759
Mines been terrible so far but dh and ds are starting to suffer too so that has to change. I made dinners from scratch all the time but I'm so sick and tired that by the time I'm home from work all I want is quick. Bad mammy bad wife bad pregnant lady
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Oh mines terrible and I'm so hungry all the time. The stodgier the better!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Mines crap, I just haven't been in the humour for cooking proper dinners so it's been beans on toast, toasted sandwiches, cereal or bit of whatever OH got in the takeaway because I'm such a terrible wife! I have a good dinner in my mums a few days a week though and I'm still taking my pregnacare so I'm telling myself that's ok. Fizzy drinks are my biggest downfall though!
secret2012 Posts: 1134
Awful diet since pregnant. Am trying to be good but considering I had ms which felt like a hangover for 7+wks I just craved junk. Now Im 15wks Im trying to bebetter. I crave savoury stuff and chocolate doesnt excite me anymore.