What is your Favourite Dinner??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridie3 Posts: 432
Hi all, so bored cooking the same things for dinner every week, Chicken Curry, Lasagne, Potatoes, Bacon, etc.. would love some new ideas thats quick and handy to make... let me know thanks :wv
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Bridie, hubby is on a diet and we got this recipe from somewhere and its so yummy. Neither of us are vegetarian but we both love it and its so easy - its mixed bean stew. It can look unappetising (sp!) but its delicious. You brown a chopped onion, throw in a bit of tumeric and cumin, a squirt of tomato puree, a tin of chopped tomatos, a drained tin of red kidney beans and a drained tin of mixed beans - I think that's everything. Let it all simmer for about 10mins and then dish up. We usually have it on its own, but I'm sure you could do rice with it. I'm getting hungry now!!!
curliwurli Posts: 3369
how about a chicken stir fry or shepherds pie? still using ingredients you buy most likely buy anyway every week but a little bit different?
littlechick Posts: 758
Some dinners I cook in my house: Shepherds pie Roast Chicken, mash, veg and gravy Chicken Curry with brown rice (maybe a few chips) Pork Chops with mash and green beans Stew Pork Cassarole made with peppers with boiled potatos Lasagne with chips and salad Cabbage and bacon with boiled potatos Fish and chips with peas ( I'm having this tonight :lvs ) Pasta of some sort Chicken stir fry with rice
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Littlechick, would you have the recipe for the pork casserole handy by any chance? It would make a nice change to pork chops. Thanks
jellywellies Posts: 2268
Irish Stew .... yumo!!! Love it made by my gran with corned beef!!!!
SparklyC Posts: 1766
[quote="Noodlehead":a8jwgb5c]Littlechick, would you have the recipe for the pork casserole handy by any chance? It would make a nice change to pork chops. Thanks[/quote:a8jwgb5c] Yes please Littlechick can I have it too? :wv
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Chicken fajitas Cut the chicken up into stripes and I buy the fajata seasoning in a red packet in dunnes. I roll cover the chicken in this I saute red and green peppers and oninons and fry up the chicken and voila!! Serve with wraps, grated cheese, and sour cream Very low carb too
Jawl Posts: 8881
My faves to make are: Lasagne, garlic bread & salad Shepherds Pie Chicken Fajitas Sirloin Steak with, onions, mushrooms and pepper sauce Sirloin Steak with creamy mash and veg Fried minced steak with creamy mash and veg, onions and gravy Breaded Chicken Steaks with chips and salad Fishfingers in a burger bun with tartar sauce, chips and salad Homemade fish pie
Mrs09 Posts: 355
Homemade Vegi Pie Mashed Potatoes & Veg Spagetti Bolognaise (sp?) with vegi mince