What Job did you want when you were a Child?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

paperclips Posts: 3146
I was just thinking about this. When I was growing up I always said I wanted to be a nurse. I can remember from an early age always saying this. Then my Aunty, who is a Nurse in Oz, was home on holidays one summer and I overheard her telling my Mum about another nurse who accidentially killed someone by overdose. It scared the crap out of me and from that day onwards, I gave up on the nurse ideas! Work in Project Management now!
JustBecause Posts: 3242
I wanted to be a long distance lorry driver. As a child I thought that it would be a very glamorous job!
Elle Driver Posts: 508
A nurse, a vet or an airhostess! Then the nun at school told me that vets had to put their arms up cow's bums and that put me off the vet thing!
Twirl Posts: 5598
I wanted to be a mechanic! My mother really tried to get me away from the idea telling me when i grow up i want to be going out and not trying to get oil off from under my nails. I should have told her i'd use gloves :o0
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
A vet. I thought it was all about cuddling puppies, kittens, bunnies and ponies. Who wouldnt want to be one? When I discovered there was more to it I quickly changed my mind. I am very squeamish and hate anything to do with blood, needles, bones etc.
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
[quote="JustBecause":2xw338iz]I wanted to be a long distance lorry driver. As a child I thought that it would be a very glamorous job![/quote:2xw338iz] :o0 Im sure it is!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
A nurse also. I even went so far as to do a pre-nursing course when I was in my early twenties. Did some work experience in a retirement home - had to wash an elderly lady. Gave up on the nursing thing right about then. I'm an optician now!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I wanted to be a nurse too!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I wanted to be an actress!! Still do, sort of.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="ReginaFalange":2dbfnex9]I wanted to be an actress!! Still do, sort of.[/quote:2dbfnex9] +1 :-8 :o0