What'll I do ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Carlow09 Posts: 234
Girls i've just been to loo and when i wiped paper was a pink. :o( Im 11weeks 4 days today. Oh God need some advice. I've been quite sick for pregnancy, i suffer with ulcerative colitis so have been getting treated for that. I've been feeling a bit weird this morning though, woke up with funny tummy pain. Now this... What do i do? nothing? ring Holles St? Who do you ring and what do i say? Would they give me a scan or just tell me to rest. Sorry post is all over the place, i'm in a panic.. :o( Any advice would be appreciated. Haven't told hubby yet.
maman Posts: 297
Please dont panic, this can happen in early pregnancy without having any affect on your LO. It's ok. Ring holles st though as this will reassure you. They may want to give you a quick scan but just to confirm that everything is ok. Again, there's no need to panic.
Thanks Mrs T, going to ring now. The tears aren't too far away so think i should ring now as my mind is running riot :o( thanks v much for reply xx
flippersmrs Posts: 660
the first thing to do is ring your gp. he/she will either tell you to come in to see them or else go to the hospital. they are the best judge. dont feel silly for ringing gp or hospital at any time, thats what they are there for. my gp told me to ring him anytime and the hspital did the same. and i have done on many occasions. i know its scary but try not to worry too much- a lot of people bleed during their pregnancy. get it checked out hun straight away coz if nothing else it will ease your mind. have you cramping with it? my gp told me if i had bleeding with cramping go straight to hospital.
survivor Posts: 2507
Ring and ask to be put through to the emergency room, of the maternity section. Tell the midwife everything and she will advise you on what to do. I'm in the CUMH in cork but imagine the procedure is the same. They'll probably get u to come in for acheck up and possibly a scan. If they don't then I would suggest it to the midwife. I'm sure everythings ok but it's no harm to get checked. good luck with it.
minnie08 Posts: 580
I hope everything is okay. I know it's an awful worry. As the others said, ring the hospital and explain what has happened. They'll give you a scan to check that everything is okay. Lots of girls have bleeding during pregnancy and baby is just fine. Best of luck. We'll be thinking of you.
curliwurli Posts: 3369
[quote="Survivor":3vexzdbm]Ring and ask to be put through to the emergency room, of the maternity section. Tell the midwife everything and she will advise you on what to do. I'm in the CUMH in cork but imagine the procedure is the same. They'll probably get u to come in for acheck up and possibly a scan. If they don't then I would suggest it to the midwife. I'm sure everythings ok but it's no harm to get checked. good luck with it.[/quote:3vexzdbm] i would second this - i had a bleed at 8 weeks and got seen the next morning for a scan and it was very reassuring. all my fingers crossed for you :action32
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
definately ring the hospital pet, they will bring u for a scan to reassure you, Hope u feel better soon .. :wv
apple drop Posts: 331
Did you ring the hosp Carlow09? Hope they bring you in for a scan just to reassure you. Let us know how you get on. Saying a prayer for you and your little bean
Hi, thanks a million everyone. Well i rang HS there and spoke to a midwife. She asked me a load of questions and said i don't need to come in as an emergency case today. That I need to just monitor it over the w'end, and rest. But that i do need to go in on Monday, provided it doesn't get worse over the w'end. She said they will prob arrange a scan for Monday. Well i've been to the loo since, and all has been ok. So please God it was just a once off. I'm in bed now and feet up, just going to literally take to the bed for the w'end. And i'll ring them first thing Monday. Thanks again girls, really appreciate all the responses and reassurance.