What material is your dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TWIGGIE Posts: 64
Just wondering what material your dresses are, as a bit confused? I have tried on a Mori Lee dress which is chiffon over satin and I love the dress and also an Ellis Bridal dress which is crushed taffetta. My mother loved the chiffon on me until she saw the crushed taffeta one & says the taffetta has a richer colour but I'm terrified its going to look 'wrinkly' in my photos and I can just hear my dad jokingly say it needs a good ironing!! My problem with the chiffon one is as my mother said it's not as bright looking & i'm afraid it will look dull in my photos. Both dresses are gorgeous on. Have any of you had this problem? Twiggie
BlahBlahBride Posts: 2744
Hi, Mine was Thai Silk and ooooooooooh fab! No creasing, just swayed and looked and felt amzing.
garran9 Posts: 4401
Mine is Godafari Silk :wv
MrsDecemberBride07 Posts: 594
mine is satin
noc Posts: 1802
Satin. Tried on a thai silk one too and it was fab. A lot of the dresses I tried had horrible-feeling material I thought but that's just me being itchy and fidgety in big dresses... :o0
wannababba Posts: 1161
ooohh havent a clue what fabric mine is I know its some kinda silky satin I think :-8 :-8
smiley08 Posts: 825
Mine is Taffetta and there are no creases!
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Mine is organza, it does look slightly crushed but that doesn't worry me as I figure it will get crushed in the car anyway, also it's lovely and light, I found all the satin ones too heavy.
Tub Posts: 157
Yes mine is taffetta as well and no creases at all, maybe the dress you tried on in the shop had been there for ages and had got all creased from loads trying it on.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
mine is silk satin. nice sheen but lovely soft flow to it (duchesse satin would also have a sheen but would be a stiffer material, lovely but much harder to wear!!)