What mattress for cot bed?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luckylass1 Posts: 477
We bought a cot bed 2nd hand so wondering what is the best mattress to get?
tv Posts: 27
It would depend on the cot bed, for example we got a Mama`s & Papa`s cot bed from my sister so we went back into them to get new mattress as once it was a mama & Papa cot bed all their mattress would fit. I am sure once you get the dimensions of your cot bed you can pop into mothercare/mama & papa/ babay store and they will be able to confirm with your internal measurements what mattress will fit.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="luckylass1":1plrqjx2]We bought a cot bed 2nd hand so wondering what is the best mattress to get?[/quote:1plrqjx2] A cot bed mattress?? :o0 :o0 :o0 Sorry just kidding! You can get cot bed mattresses easily enough, Mothercare, baby shops, Guineys, I think Ikea etc. We got a M&P cot bed and an Aerosleep mattress, it's not cheap at 169 euro but it is breathable in case baby rolls onto their tummy. Plus you get a long time out of the cot bed and the mattress so we figured it was worth the money. Mothercare do their own ones as well, but as far as I know, all cot bed mattresses seem to be standard size.
mamajen Posts: 2263
+1 on the aerosleep mattres