What Multivitamin to take with prescribed aspirin?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

D-DayIs2016 Posts: 45
Hi Ladies, I was hoping someone would know what multivitamin is safe to take with aspirin? I was put on aspirin as of yesterday due to a previous 19 wk MMC. I was taking pregnacare plus up until then but you are not able to take aspirin along with these vitamins (Contains vit K). Does anyone know what vitamin you are allowed to take while on aspirin? I would really love to takes vitamins as due to morning sickness I am not eating very well. Plus the fact my last pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage with no known cause. Thanks in advance x
Spottytie Posts: 155
I was on aspirin from half way through pregnancy and continued taking pregnacare original and both my midwife and consultant knew this so didn't realize there was an issue
Missus2012 Posts: 967
i'm taking pregnacare with aspirin no issues. I've been on aspirin for months before pregnancy too. I've never come across advice that any form of vitamins should be avoided. I make sure to take my antacids at a later time of the day as they can interact.
Thanks for replies. It says on the side of the pregnacare box not to take the vitamin if you are taking aspirin unless advised to. As vit K must cancel out the aspirin.
It says not to take if you are on anticoagulants but its not known to interact with aspirin or heparin. I'd imagine it refers to the likes of warfarin, which is not to be taken in pregnancy anyway, and you get INR checked on that so will see any rapid changes in blood clotting ability. I'd check it with your doctor if you're worried. i've only 4wks left on aspirin (stopping at 34wks) so not going to change now and i'm on 4th pregnancy after 3 losses. from pregnacare website [quote:kujm8lfv]As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking anti-coagulants (blood thinners) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin.[/quote:kujm8lfv]
Thanks Missus2012 I think my baby brain is in full swing at the moment. I completely read that wrong, I thought it said 'it is known to interact'. Glad I can take them as I want to have as much vitamins as possible. Feels like I am doing something by taking them. Sorry to hear about your losses, you have 3 special angels watching over you now x x Today is my due date, cant believe it is here already. Happy & healthy 10 weeks to you :o)ll
Ha! No worries! At least you can relax about it now. Sorry to hear today is your due date x I always found that tough & wasn't pregnant for first due date so was difficult time. I was pregnant for next & last due date is in April so find being pregnant definitely helps. Although your loss was so late, I can't imagine how heartbreaking that has been. Hopefully this little one holds on tight xx
Thanks Missus2012 x x